what year?

simon@sarah

Hi fellow PIA

Hoping to fly out on 31st August so long as house sale goes through, and have been looking at schools, but not sure what year my son, who will be 16 on 9th September, will go into, I believe in Oz school is compulsory until 18?

Has anyone else had a child who has started school at this age in Oz through emigrating, if so, did they settle okay and how did they cope with going from GCSEs to what they will study in Oz?

Thanks

Sarah:)

x

Hi!!!

My daughter was 17 in April,,shes just taking her first year of A level exams in may/june.

I contact lots of school Austalian schools direct,, there email address's are on their websites..

I got many email's back, giving me lots of advice they where all very helpful. Emily's GCSE and 1st year Alevel results will count towards her finally year over in Australia.

Its given me the confidence and hope that i wont be ruining her career.

hope that helps

jules x

Thanks guys for the replies, as always greatly appreciated.

I have emailed the high school we are looking at, as Jules suggested so will wait see what response I get.

Praps wont mention to Marcus he can leave at 15...wont get him anywhere near the front door!

Sarah