Guest debbie_foxtrot

Crikey!

Guest debbie_foxtrot

I just purchased my first tub of hummus here! Amazing hey.

Now, I love hummus. I really do but...it tastes funny here. I am deeply upset.

So I would like a warning to what else tastes funny here? No rude jokes please. Ahem. Thanking you.

Guest Squareman

Try different kinds of hummus. I have tasted a few that haven't been what I am accustomed to, but I bought some at the central market and it was spot on

Guest the4hopes

The best one I have bought is Yumi's hommus, they sell it in Coles and some Foodland, it tastes the most like the ones we were used to in a past life! Try it and see :D

The parmesan cheese tastes funny in oz, we could only buy it in pre grated form in packets and it just tasted like grated cheese not parmesan?!!!!!!!!!!!! the pesto was a bit weird too, think were gonna have to ship pesto over!!! :)

Guest debbie_foxtrot

...well I've only been here a week, so haven't munched on much food out and about yet.

Although I have got some rice cakes over here (yes I'm one of those sad kind) and they are lush! Nom nom nom.

I've been recommended to try schnitzel here. Seems popular.

The cider here seems to taste better. I'm not sure though if that was just because I was gagging for a pint.

Would like to try kangaroo.

FOOOODDDD GLORIOUUSSS FOOOOOOOOOOODDDD! :goofy:

would recommend the rice crackers too, the cereals are a bit weird with some funny names, look out for 'bush cereal' out there its got a picture of this bloke who looks like crocodile dundee on the front, my hubby and I bought a box for a laugh, v funny.

Guest shella_n

Mayonnaise! It's disgusting here, like salad cream. Does anyone know any brands that taste like proper mayonnaise?

Guest Buttons

Schnitzels are horrible yuk yuk yuk

Dairy milk chocolate takes some getting used to as well

Guest debbie_foxtrot

Bush Cereal sounds awesome! Gotta check this out. Is there any toiletry products under the name of Bush? That would be fun.

No to Schnitzels? Yeah heard about the chocolate. Still can't believe they don't do Haribo here? I thought Haribo was a special universal thing for people to feel the love ya know? Get off a plane anywhere in Europe and you know you feel safe because you see packets of Haribo?! Is a shame. Crying shame.

Bush Cereal sounds awesome! Gotta check this out. Is there any toiletry products under the name of Bush? That would be fun.

No to Schnitzels? Yeah heard about the chocolate. Still can't believe they don't do Haribo here? I thought Haribo was a special universal thing for people to feel the love ya know? Get off a plane anywhere in Europe and you know you feel safe because you see packets of Haribo?! Is a shame. Crying shame.

You never know !!! lol! when I went to bavaria the german supermarkets were selling these chocolate mini sponge 'domes' called, wait for it, 'mini dickmanns' no joke - brought a box back for all my work buddies so we could have a gobble and a chuckle :)

Guest guest3462

Michelle get praise whole egg mayonnaise- it tastes like real Mayo but more expensive. You can also get hellmans in Coles but it costs a small mortgage lol!

Foodland have also started doing red bisto powder for $2.95 a box cos Aussie gravy is terrible!!! :-)

Guest debbie_foxtrot
    You never know !!! lol! when I went to bavaria the german supermarkets were selling these chocolate mini sponge 'domes' called, wait for it, 'mini dickmanns' no joke - brought a box back for all my work buddies so we could have a gobble and a chuckle :)

eh eh...you gobbled on some mini dickmanns hey hey hey;)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Cadburys flakes infant all chocolate taste different

Whoever said schnitzels aren't nice is obviously a veggie.

They are the best food source invented. Chicken parmi is a staple.

Guest debbie_foxtrot
    I know!! So funny cos I was watching the graham norton show last year and he brought a box onto the show!!!

Well never thought I'd say this but I need to find me some mini dickmanns.