UK & Customs 1 way flight.

Guest Guest5035

No I'll always have a UK passport, and an Aussie one when if I become a citizen. For the sake of £100 every ten years it's not going to bankrupt anyone.
No offence Leigh, but I truly don't understand why.

And £100 might not seem much to you but times that by four and it just might...does to us anyway!

We are proud to carry our Australian passports, with all that represents. I am a citizen of Australia which means more than just someone lucky enough to live here and more than just a birthright. IMO it is about assuming the rights and responsibilities of living in that country and I no longer assume any of those in England. I don't pay taxes, vote, or do anything which contributes to my country of birth.

That doesn't mean I am no longer proud to have been born in England. We had a great life, it's a beautiful place (well, where we lived that is, can't speak for the whole country!) full of people I love...but it's my past and carrying a British passport wouldn't feel right to me.

Each to their own of course. Why is it important to you to keep both passports do you think?

:) LC

No offence Leigh, but I truly don't understand why.

And £100 might not seem much to you but times that by four and it just might...does to us anyway!

We are proud to carry our Australian passports, with all that represents. I am a citizen of Australia which means more than just someone lucky enough to live here and more than just a birthright. IMO it is about assuming the rights and responsibilities of living in that country and I no longer assume any of those in England. I don't pay taxes, vote, or do anything which contributes to my country of birth.

That doesn't mean I am no longer proud to have been born in England. We had a great life, it's a beautiful place (well, where we lived that is, can't speak for the whole country!) full of people I love...but it's my past and carrying a British passport wouldn't feel right to me.

Each to their own of course. Why is it important to you to keep both passports do you think?

:) LC

Well when I become an Australian citizen, I'll also still be a British citizen. So I'll have both passports.

Sorry.