ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarK Jowett

yep, it's back, and i'm still at level 4, and my occupation is probably full, and i won't get my visa, and I haven't had a job offer from a reputable IT company in Adelaide, and Holly Valance didn't take time out from her busy schedule to give me a one to one tutorial. So basically none of my dreams have come true today!

Guest MarK Jowett

I'm toying with the idea of emailing my CO and seeing if it's possible to speed up the process given that the job on SA has gone to medium availability - don't want to seem pushy though!

Guest oidara

Hi Mark,

I would do it. We have been in a similar situation this week (actually, worse, as our occupation went from high to low and is now special conditions unfortunately) and we called ACS to see if anything could be done. They have been brilliant and our assessment is now finalised despite only having submitted it 4 weeks ago.

Good luck!

Guest MarK Jowett

I've emailed my CO, I have his/her email address because they had to get in touch as it took ages for my documents to arrive (bloody royal mail!). Anyway, will wait and see what happens.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, fingers crossed it goes back on the list soon!

Guest oidara

Ah yes, email - much more civilised!

Thanks for the sympathies. Actually, we are hoping to have our case reviewed and get skills assessment in a different ICT field (something ACS have also been really accommodating and helpful about), so fingers crossed we can get that sorted before that occupation goes off the list too!

Guest MarK Jowett

That's also good to hear - i think if the same thing were to happen to me, it wouldn't be too difficult to change from Sys Admin to Sys Analyst, it's basically just semantics anyway!

Hello All,

I have my Skills Assessment pending too. Hopefully the Sys Analyst does not go away by the time I get the results. My status too is on stage 4, not sure how long it will take. I hope it to be sooner as I don't want to delay my SS submission. I am done with my IELTS too and got the required score (7 in each band). So just ACS remains before I fire off my SA application.

Path2aus.

Guest MarK Jowett

Well, I got an email back from my CO and it turns out he was just about to finalise my application that morning anyway and.....

...... I PASSED :) YAY!

Great feeling it really is, now I need to crack on and get my SS in!

Guest joseph1801

Hi All

Another anxious sys admin here!

Just wanted to say hello and wish you all best of luck.

IELTS completed, ACS application stage 4 - visiting the SA state sponsored list far too often for my health!

cheers

Guest MarK Jowett

crikey, we're getting quite a gang here! Welcome Joseph, feel free to share your stories here about the application process. what sort of work do you do?

Guest joseph1801

Hi Mark,

My current job title is Infrastructure Analyst for a social housing company - sounds grand but is basically a sys admin role looking after windows, citrix and vmware infrastructure - but also get dragged in to ip telephony, blackberry admin etc etc. Congrats on the positive assessment - by the way how did you get hold of your CO?