ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

Guest joseph1801

You have a month on me in terms of submitting. Now for plan B, if I only knew what that was. NT have sys admin down but it seems like a very limited intake - not 176 visa as far as I can work out.

PS- congrats to your daughter - maybe she can get you over there as a dependant relative when you're old and wrinkly!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MarK Jowett

Oh dear! I don't feel any more confident and my SS is in. You never know, in the next couple of weeks it could go up to high availability again. One of the other IT occupations did that a few months ago. Keep the faith.

Anyway, even if the worst does happen, I imagine in June/July next year they will have a full pot again - we weren't planning on going over till next august/september anyway. And your ACS posititve skills assessment lasts for 2 years anyway!

Guest joseph1801

good to be positive mark - but dont we all get thrown into an Expression of Interest pot as of next July?

ICT support officer is on the WA SMP - are we over qualified?

Guest MarK Jowett

I am now really hoping that I don't have to wait till next year and the expression of interest part having just read this about it:

One serious time issue is that while The Model will be introduced in July 2012, invites will not commence until January 2013, leaving a gap of nearly six months where no applications will be taken. However, DIAC has confirmed that ultimately, The Model will significantly reduce the pipeline of visa applications and streamline processing times.

It's slipping away :(

Guest joseph1801

yes, it looks like a bottomless pit doesn't it.

just been looking at NT forums on poms in oz - it looks a possibility but they require very detailed statements for financial capacity and a book-sized tome on why you want to live there (I don't!). Still, if its the only way in.....

Guest MarK Jowett

Don't think I could handle NT, I know my dog certainly couldn't!

If this doesn't come off, might have a look at NZ - but don't want to have to. I need a stiff drink!

Guest joseph1801

its a bit naughty, but I have seen and heard elsewhere that if a state sponsors you and you then get the 176, you have no legal obligation to go to that state (as the fed issue the visa). According to one migration agent i spoke to this is pretty commonplace.

Yeah, I think we already kinda decided NT wasn't for us as well. It's Adeliade or bust. We did consider New Zealand before we started, as I think it's a little easier to apply too....but we really want to move some where a bit warmer as we thrive on being outdoors, even if it's just fiddling around in the garden. Plus, we kinda know we already like the general vibe of Australia.

I am just gutted to see the list fill up so quick.....very frustrating. I am having a very unproductive day at work too, just can't focus on it.

Canberra grabbed our interest initially, but all ICT posts there are closed as well. We have been there (well, someone had too!) and liked it in a kinda odd way.

It is very scary at the moment and the processing times of the ACS does not help matters either. My nominated occupation (Systems Analyst) still shows as high availability but I am extremely concerned that it may not be available when my ACS results eventually comes through. It really looks bad at the moment. The fact that very few of the states have IT occupations opent does not help matters either. Anyways lets hope for the best and best of luck to everyone.

Guest Chris_J

Good grief, I get told I'm being made redundant at the end of December, on Friday, and now Sys Admin has gone low availability. I knew the redundancy was coming, it was just a case of when.

Guest MarK Jowett

Chris - bad news mate - You're a lot further on with the SS than the rest of us though so I sincerely hope you get the good news from them soon!

Zebedee - Excellent news mate - I would still get your SS sent in as soon as you can - I was thinking this morning, that with the way the visa works and the whole 30 days thing, theres chances that places may become available as people drop out or are refused visa's etc - gotta keep the faith!

Guest joseph1801

Good news and good luck zebedee! As you were about 4 weeks ahead of me makes me think I wont have to wait the full 12 weeks!

I can cope with the despair, its the hope thats killing me...

Guest DingDangDoo

guys do ye think it will be harder to get in next year,network administrator is still at high availability i think its the only one out

of the i.t occupations. I am hoping to get in next year under network admin,anyone know if this EOI will delay things even more?

I think as the UK turns ever greyer, more and more people are looking at checking out - and as South Australia is one of the last outposts for IT migration.....hmmmm.....who knows, any chance you could apply this year? Might be worth emailing a migration consultant just to get the low down (highly recommend PTLabs).

I was hoping that something magical would have happened overnight....but alas, still no word.

Guest MarK Jowett

DingDangDoo - you are the eternal procrastinator. :)

As i've told you in other threads, you wouldn't get past ACS this year as you don't have the 2 years minimum experience!

The truth about next year is - nobody knows what will happen! It's in the lap of the Ozzie immigration gods.