Rammygirl

May need a dongle or whatever you call 'em out there!

Hi will be in Adelaide for 15 nights via Sydney and Singapore next Easter. We need to link to the net and the apartment we will be staying in doesn't have access. We will be staying in the city so I know there are hotspots but........

Any advice on buying a dongle for the laptop not contract obviously but PAYG. Will one bought in UK work or will we have to buy in Oz?

Which is the best for coverage/price/speed etc??

The UK one won't work but there are plenty PAYG ones available to buy, as usual it will come down to price and personal preference. The guys in the shop should be able to give you advice as to what network has the best coverage for where you are staying. Enjoy your stay :)

Peter

Thanks, thought a UK one wouldn't work. Any idea on ballpark costs. Could we get a decent one for less than $100 for use over the 15 days in the city and out and about?

Guest johnosmad
    Hi will be in Adelaide for 15 nights via Sydney and Singapore next Easter. We need to link to the net and the apartment we will be staying in doesn't have access. We will be staying in the city so I know there are hotspots but........

Any advice on buying a dongle for the laptop not contract obviously but PAYG. Will one bought in UK work or will we have to buy in Oz?

Which is the best for coverage/price/speed etc??

Yeah, $100 will easily cover 15 days, I used a virgin wi-fi one, 4gb was $50 and we had 2 laptops and 2 iPods using and it would last us a month

Thanks for that, sounds good.

Are there any suppliers to avoid on coverage/speed basis? Our rental is in the CBD but we will be out and about in the Hills quite a bit too.

I would pay the extra, and recommend Telstra if you need good coverage. I have not experienced telstra, but used 3 and vodafone (now the same company) and found coverage sketchy in rural areas such as shepperton, victoria, and mount gambier! fellow travellers at the time were using telstra no probs

you heading back again? for good?

Hi

Just validating our 163 on this occasion, but hoping to come out properly in the next year. Both boys at Uk unis now complicating things!

Thanks for the recommendation.