ajford

South port if all goes to plan

Hello again fellow fish catchers, going to try Southport again, got some squid off cuts, and think there could be some corn knocking about, thinking of going dusk time well between 1730-1830 ish, as have got things on in the morning at Moana surf,

I am hoping to catch more than seaweed this time but who knows either way it's going to be good, and this time I will thread my rod correctly, hey you ve got to learn some how,lol

Have a good week,

Andrew

Guest guest569

maybe the fish at southport know your a Moana nipper and are keeping well away ?? See you on sunday at the carnival ??

No worries, only going Saturday this week due to working all week, and working Sunday too, have a good one at the carnival passionate pom, may catch you at the next one

Cheers for the offer HG , we will get sorted at some point.

Just cut my squid into strips for the fishes

Guest Damien

Hi Andy,

Forget corn down the river, pop into Angler's Choice and buy a pack of live worms, they'll catch everything swimming in the river and sea around Southport. You could also try bits of pilchard or cockles. Berley up a bit and you should soon be onto the fish.

Don't forget those size limits though!

Damo

Guest Damien

Oh yeah, the worms are really long, just nip about an inch off and thread it up the shank of the hook ;)

What a fantastic shop Anglers Choice, I was helped by a really helpful person called Arthur,he talked me through everything I needed to know regarding the hooks,bait,the line set up, what to look out for and the equipment required.

Heaps of excellent knowledge that I didn't have a clue about but now I know that little bit more that is going to help me loads,cheers

Going to try down Sellicks for a change, who knows might catch,lol new hooks,worms

How did you go dude?

Gonna try and get a couple of lines out this week all being well...weekend looks good for day on beach and chuck a line or 2 out?...you working fancy a day down there?

HG

Guest Roo1

OH went on Saturday to Southport but sadly didn't catch a thing. He used Cockles and sandworms. Luckily we'd been invited to a BBQ that evening or else the kids would have gone hungry.....lol.

J x

How did you go dude?

Gonna try and get a couple of lines out this week all being well...weekend looks good for day on beach and chuck a line or 2 out?...you working fancy a day down there?

HG

I think we went a little early to be honest, the live worms were biting but didn't strike quick enough, or notice them,

Caught a small crab near the end,then it fell off oh well,

Was an experience cutting the live worms, even Lisa was getting her hands dirty, found it hard to hook them at first kept slipping with the sand,

I'm off Friday,Saturday let us know ,beach sounds good you might bring us luck

hehe dunno about that mate, i am working fri sat night so not sure about beach days now...might go and have a sleep down there saturday, and maybe see about getting fishing on sunday......

HG

Heard a story about two guys shark fishing at Moana last week. Apparently, they had live eels (can you get them here?) and boarded out 300m dropping them with ballons for floats.

The guy said he rand his brother who said it's legal - sounds odd to me, but you never know!

Cooler