hardycot

Christmas Day

I have a family coming over from the UK for a reccie in December and they would like to go somewhere on Christmas Day, is anything happening in the Moana/Aldinga area, I'm sure they would love to meet up with some people that now live here?

Guest Django

We tend to hit Silver Sands beach for the day. You would be more than welcome to join us. We generally meet up with a few other families so there would be plenty of people to share experiences with.

Pete

We tend to hit Silver Sands beach for the day. You would be more than welcome to join us. We generally meet up with a few other families so there would be plenty of people to share experiences with.

Pete

That sounds like a good idea Pete, we might just join you all down there.

Most of the Expats meet at the beaches on Christmas or Boxing Day. Whether it be Silver Sands, Moana, Port Noarlunga or Glenelg, there will always be plenty of families down there. Let people know the sort of tent you have up or something so that people will know who to go to. I suggested a british flag one year but it started an anti-flag debate so I won't go there again, funny though no one knew where to go that particular meet up and it was a flop!

Also the pubs and community clubs are open on Christmas Day from 9am to 11am for Christmas drinks so if you need to get out of the house, thats a good place to start!

Guest Django
    I suggested a british flag one year but it started an anti-flag debate so I won't go there again

Go on dare you. LOL That was well funny. But yes you do need a point of reference. For anyone coming down to Silver Sands for Christmas Day you will find us if you go down the ramp turn right and we will be up near the posts with the blue domed shelter with thegreen and gold boxing kangaroo flag.

Pete

Guest ems

R u still going to that bit even though u cant take ur car there any more Pete?

U can only turn left of the ramp if u want ur car on the beach.

Guest nic-manchester

this sounds great would be lovely to meet on christmas day dont want to be stuck in our house on our own, hope we welcome too :-))

this sounds great would be lovely to meet on christmas day dont want to be stuck in our house on our own, hope we welcome too :-))

Yep it is fast becoming one of our traditions... it is a shame we can't park the cars down ramp to the right but I guess we could park and then put the gazebo's and tents up on the other side?

Guest Django
    R u still going to that bit even though u cant take ur car there any more Pete?

U can only turn left of the ramp if u want ur car on the beach.

Since when??? Did along with others a couple of weeks ago.

Jeeez Thats it had enough. Back to the UK methinks. This place has gone to the dogs.

Guest ems
    Since when??? Did along with others a couple of weeks ago.

Jeeez Thats it had enough. Back to the UK methinks. This place has gone to the dogs.

PMSL.

Enjoy ur Flight Pete.