flying singapore air - transit hotel

brucesbabe

Hi.

Has anyone used the transit hotel rooms in changi airport ? We plan to and I had a concern about the fact that they either require payment from the credit card you booked with ( that account will have been closed ) or cash. I thought it might be a problem getting a small amount of singapore dollars and wondered if you could pay in aus dollars ?

Lisa

You can easily get Singapore $$ from any exchange. Just check with them the exchange rate and how much you'll need, put in the order and you should be fine to collect within a day or two. Most places have some in stock but if you want a larger amount then just order ahead.

Just don't get it at the airport as they give crappy rates.

Also iirc they take major currencies at the airport. I've paid in Aus, UK and US$$ at Changi. They convert through the till at time of sale and you get change in Singapore $$.

We stayed there the one at t3 with the pool.

Excellent especially if you have kids it breaks up the day for them.

its a bit like a hotel resort pool with the bar and being outside.

The Airports massive plenty of shops, cafes etc.

We where there13 hrs and it flew by plus the fact you only have around 7 hrs flight to Adelaide.

We stayed there the one at t3 with the pool.

Excellent especially if you have kids it breaks up the day for them.

its a bit like a hotel resort pool with the bar and being outside.

The Airports massive plenty of shops, cafes etc.

We where there13 hrs and it flew by plus the fact you only have around 7 hrs flight to Adelaide.

We are going to book that ,it will just give us and the kids a break ,also if the kids are a pain on the first flight, we should be with different people on the next flight ,who won't be sick of us already:biggrin:

Guest Guest6899

Hi, we stayed at the transit hotel, booked two rooms for the four of us. We kept an UK account open so paid with that but you could pay with Singapore dollars. they will confirm the price and you could exchange what you need + spending for food, shopping etc. its a great place to get your head down.

Lisa

Guest Guest6899
Hi do you mean the sky lounge at Singapore? We have booked that over the Internet using our debit card. Cost us £50 for all four x

Its not the same place Sharon. The transit hotel books rooms from 6hrs bookings to allow you to sleep, shower what ever takes your fancy, lol.. i dont know about the lounge. There are plenty of places there to sit and relax, watch telly etc we were that relaxed we were last to get on the plane. + we didnt have to pay for the pool cause we had booked a room.

Lisa

Guest Guest75
Hi.

Has anyone used the transit hotel rooms in changi airport ? We plan to and I had a concern about the fact that they either require payment from the credit card you booked with ( that account will have been closed ) or cash. I thought it might be a problem getting a small amount of singapore dollars and wondered if you could pay in aus dollars ?

Lisa

We use the Transit Hotel regularly. . Try and get into the Terminal 3 Hotel - newest and best.I reckon they will take cash. Try and book in advance,they do get busy.

Guest Helchops

I'm confused...when I look up Singapore transit hotel loads come up...we need one that we can use for our 18 hour stop over so we can have proper rest, food, mooch etc not just a six hour window. Has anyone got a link to the best for those needs without clearing immigration? (we have a little one too!)

Guest Guest6899
I'm confused...when I look up Singapore transit hotel loads come up...we need one that we can use for our 18 hour stop over so we can have proper rest, food, mooch etc not just a six hour window. Has anyone got a link to the best for those needs without clearing immigration? (we have a little one too!)

Hi Helchops, are you on your way over!! we can have a fellow Cannock people meet up, lol if you like. the airport is huge, you can travel between the three terminals really easy on the fast shuttle train. loads of places to eat, visit your 18hrs will easily go. + the pool we went swimming, you get in free if you are staying at the transit hotel.

Lisa

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Helchops,

from looking i think the Crowne Plaza is also linked to the airport.....someone please correct me if im wrong!!!

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/crowne-plaza-hotel

Nic.x.

ps i havent got as far as looking at prices yet!

Guest Guest75
I was going to ask about the luggage side of things - surely if you want to have a shower/ use the pool, go to bed etc you might need some of your stuff ?

Nah - you luggage is booked straight through. Just make sure you have a few bits with you in hand luggage.

Guest Guest5035
Hi Helchops,

from looking i think the Crowne Plaza is also linked to the airport.....someone please correct me if im wrong!!!

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/crowne-plaza-hotel

Nic.x.

ps i havent got as far as looking at prices yet!

mmm, not sure when you click on the link for transit it directs you to the ambassador transit hotel, so thinking the Crown Plaza is pick up and take luggage with you, even though its attached to the airport..

:huh:

stevo

Guest RobJ1978

Stevo,

for instance the flights we are look at have 15hr wait at changi then onto adelaide....if we booked into crowne plazza would we have to collect our luggage or would it autoatically be placed onto our connecting flight?

sorry im thinking you know all the answer here.

Nic.x.

Guest Guest5035

i think because you may have to go through immigration to get to the hotel (CP) yes you will have to pick up the luggage, but if you use the transit hotel where you don't go through immigration no you don't pick it up.

stevo

Guest Helchops
Hi Helchops, are you on your way over!! we can have a fellow Cannock people meet up, lol if you like. the airport is huge, you can travel between the three terminals really easy on the fast shuttle train. loads of places to eat, visit your 18hrs will easily go. + the pool we went swimming, you get in free if you are staying at the transit hotel.

Lisa

Yeh that would be great!! We'll certainly be wanting to meet new people - you're only about 20Km from where we're going to be - miles from sunny Cannock!

Guest Helchops
here you go

http://www.harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html

terminal 1 part is closed because of a up grade]

stevo

Thanks Stevo - have you booked with them on their online form - it doesn't look that sophisticated..maybe I should call? We want more than the six hour allotted booking as the plan is that if the little one doesn't sleep one of us can be up and do swapsies after a few hours.