VdMfamily

Anyone from NE England over in Adelaide now??

Hi everyone Just wondering if theres many of you from NE England over in Adelaide now.

If so can I ask some advice, which shipping company did you use, how long did it take? Which flights did yyou use?

We have just submitted our 457 visa app,any advice is appreciated

Guest Heather2011
    Hi everyone Just wondering if theres many of you from NE England over in Adelaide now.

If so can I ask some advice, which shipping company did you use, how long did it take? Which flights did yyou use?

Sorry but cant answer your query as we are not there yet. Singapore Airlines fly from Manchester via Singapore and then direct to Adelaide. Apparently they have a really good transit hotel in Singapore for while you are waiting for your next flight.

I think Emirates fly from Newcastle to Sydney or Melbourne via Dubai but then you have to get another flight to Adelaide.

Guest guest8040

We're not there yet still ploughing through the applications, hopefully shifting from Chester-le-Street :)

Guest Lisado

Hi

I'm from Washington and have lived in Adelaide for over 2 years and just got our PR from 475 Visa - drop me a PM if you need any help, etc

Thanks, Lisa

Hi we are from Pontefract and came over in September ,We used Qantas fantastic no complaints at all on a 457 visa and had 40kg baggage allowance from Heathrow ,Singapore into Adelaide. For our shipping we used John Mason who were excellent . We rented a fully furnished holiday let from Donn Jacob and hired a car from MD autos both of them are on here.

Guest loublack

Hiya, from Saltburn by the sea, we came out in Sept last year, used Richardsons Removals from stockton (they were fantastic, service at both ends was top notch....highly recommend) we flew with BA/Qantas Newcastle-London-brief stop in Singapore (we were on the big airbus and had about 2 hrs in the airport before getting back onboard)-Melbourne-Adelaide :)

Good luck with everything x

Lou

Hello, we're from Sunny Hartlepool, and also used Richardsons from Stockton, top class service. My hubby flew over first, and used Emirates, flying from Newcastle to Dubai, then to Brisbane and finally Adelaide. My and our boys flew with BA/Qantas. Flying from Newcastle-Heathrow-Bangkok-Sydney-Adelaide. Been here just over a year and loving it. Need anymore advice/help, just send a message, be glad to help....

Guest loublack

here you go :) Richardsons Removals Vickers Close, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland TS18 3TD

Tel: 01642 673207

Guest Heather2011
    here you go :) Richardsons Removals Vickers Close, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland TS18 3TD

Tel: 01642 673207

did you use these?

Where are you from in the UK? Presumably Stockton/ Middlesbrough area?

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Been here 6 mths now from York.

Flew with Singapore via the rooftop pool at Terminal 1.

Shipped with Doree Bonner in the UK to Grace Removals in Oz. Both excellent.

No horror stories.

Guest loublack
    did you use these?

Where are you from in the UK? Presumably Stockton/ Middlesbrough area?

Hiya, yes we did. The service was fab, they use wrideways at this end and again the service was brilliant. Would highly recommend. (we came out from Saltburn by the sea...just south of boro)

Thanks for the replies. What about for a medical who did you use and what was cost? Think hubby just needs a chest X-ray done, they said me & our daughter didn't need anything. We're going on a 457 & hubby is south African...

Guest SDCB

Hi

We just arrived in adelaide yesterday, we did the Newcastle to Heathrow BA flight and then singapore airlines to singapore and then on to adelaide, we had a 5 hour stopover and that worked well with the kids.

We used John Masons for removals, can't comment on this end yet as are stuff is just about to leave but the UK side was great, packers were very efficient and friendly and the estimate was almost exact to the quote.

Good luck with the move

Ho lovely to hear you've just arrived where abouts are you's living?

Hi

We just arrived in adelaide yesterday, we did the Newcastle to Heathrow BA flight and then singapore airlines to singapore and then on to adelaide, we had a 5 hour stopover and that worked well with the kids.

We used John Masons for removals, can't comment on this end yet as are stuff is just about to leave but the UK side was great, packers were very efficient and friendly and the estimate was almost exact to the quote.

Good luck with the move

Guest SDCB

We are currently in Melrose Park for 8 weeks but then hoping to move to Glenelg.

Well we have our 457 in hand, 4 shipping quotes and are looking at flights now, would rather avoid Oz airports and go direct to Adelaide from Singapore etc so looking at that now.

Guest Heather2011
    Well we have our 457 in hand, 4 shipping quotes and are looking at flights now, would rather avoid Oz airports and go direct to Adelaide from Singapore etc so looking at that now.

what are your shipping quotes like? We're hoping to go August...

what are your shipping quotes like? We're hoping to go August...

Heather we've had quotes from 4 companies for a 20ft sole use container and the quotes are ranging from £3400 to £4200 then there's insurance on top of that x

Guest Heather2011
    Heather we've had quotes from 4 companies for a 20ft sole use container and the quotes are ranging from £3400 to £4200 then there's insurance on top of that x

thanks Lisa,

We have some coming in April...a little way off yet but I am sure we will be there before we know it!

How much was the insurance?

thanks Lisa,

We have some coming in April...a little way off yet but I am sure we will be there before we know it!

How much was the insurance?

think it's 2% of the cost of your contents value... haven't looked into it fully yet