Suburb help please....

Leeds1877

Our list of likes include...

Good primary school, nice walks/views, open spaces, a little centre/main street with cafes etc (not a huge centre)parks, access to stuff for kids to do like cycling and good transport links bus, car or train max 25-30 mins peak times to centre.

We would like a nice family area with good links to the city...can anyone offer any pointers please..

$400 per week for three bedroom house

North east suburbs like Redwood Park and Tea Tree Gully currently winning..

Edited by Leeds1877

Guest Gemma Cooper

Hi, my Geordie husband and I (I'm Adelaide born & bred, though lived in Wakefield for 2 years) live at Croydon, that's a gorgeous suburb with cafes. You want to aline yourself with the train or tram as relying on buses can be a nightmare. Other lovely suburbs are Glanville (semaphore) or anywhere along the tramlines.

If you need any more help just message me privately and we can chat on the phone, happy to help :) good luck!

I think your already looking at great areas.

I lived in Mawson Lakes for 5 years and I loved it there. If my job was back on that side of the city I would jump at the chance of moving there again. Excellent train links to the city, great bus links too, within Mawson Lakes there is a fantastic gymnasium, choice of cafe's, restaurants, pub, and a little shopping centre. I used to love the fact I could park the car on a Friday night and never need it again until Monday morning. It's still only 15 mins from the city by car. It's design is based on larger community open spaces, playgrounds, cycle ways, etc... The only negative is just make sure you really are nearer the centre, some parts of Mawson lakes are on the other side of a salisbury highway. This means you can pay mawson lakes prices to live somewhere with non of the perceived benefits of the area. And it's still only 15 mins to the beach at Semaphore.

Hi there,

We live in Brighton. A few houses from the beach. 2 min walk to the train and 15 mins drive to the city. It is neat little area with great schools and a cute street up the road with cafes, shops etc. When are you coming here? We are leaving for 3 months End of June to the end of September to go overseas and need to sublet our 4 bedroom house fully furnished. You could do a short term rental to see if you like the area before commiting to buy, rent etc. Message me privately and I can send you photos etc.

Cheers, Amber