jodipodi

Washing- brand new whites now gone beige/brown!!

Hi all, can anyone tell me why or give me advice to reverse this please!!! On a reccie at the moment and washing the clothes seems to have been ok up to now (either that or Ive only just noticed) but Ive just went to check if the washing on the airer was dry and my bubs brand new whites-babygros, bibs, etc etc are now a very dirty looking beige brown colour!!! The only thing I have done differently is put them on a longer was as they are whites?? Can anyone shed any light or help me reverse this please otherwise Ive basically thrown money down the drain...literally!

Cheers :arghh:

Bleach....add some to washing machine and wash again with no detergent...when done give them an extra rinse cycle then run again with detergent to get rid of bleach..

Guest BrianS

Not bleach, attacks the fibres of the cotton/ material, may make them look white but they won't be. Most supermarkets sell glo white which will do the job. Does the washing machine use mains water or recycled water that could be another thing to look at