Ned and Sandy - Retirees wishing to migrate to be near family

Guest Ned and Sandy

Guest Ned and Sandy

Hello All, This is the first time we have done this so it is all new to us. Please can someone help or point us in the right direction. Last year our daughter son-in-law grand daughter 16 years and grand son 11 years emigrated to SA. They have settled and love the life down under. We visited them in March and found we loved it also. We have decided that we miss our family so much that we want to emigrate to be with them. Ned will be 65 years in August so can retire I will be 61 in July and able to retire in November this year. We have been looking at the visa's but just keep going round in circles. We know that our family have to have been settled for 2years before they can sponsor us, so we hoped to be able to get things organised for next year. Please can you get us started on our journey.Thank You Ned and Sandy

Edited by snifter

Hello and welcome Ned and Sandy :)

I don't know much about the visa situation with regards to your situation. There are parent visas but these are not always easy to gain and can cost a fortune. I am not sure your family can sponsor you, it may be possible as last remaining relative or some such but I really don't know for couples.

FWIW, we have a member on here, Gollywobbler, who is an absolute star with regards to helping and offering advice re parent visas and so on. I'll move this thread to the Migration section of the forum and hopefully she'll see it and pop in and offer a few suggestions :)

In the meantime, have a read of this thread

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/4509-cheap-parent-visas-part-i.html'>http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/4509-cheap-parent-visas-part-i.html

and perhaps browse the Migration section and see if you can find other threads regarding parents migrating to Aus.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/

Good luck and look forward to hearing how things go :)

Guest Ned and Sandy

Just like to thank you for pointing me in the right direction, have downloaded Booklet 3 as you advised am working through:biggrin:

Guest Ned and Sandy

Thank you for being so helpful we feel now we hopefully can go forward as we have people we can ask for help and advise. Will keep you updated. Ned and Sandy