Guest Adelaideboundsam

Mile end

Guest Adelaideboundsam

Hi

Can anybody tell me what Mile End's like my husband has been offered a job there and wanted to know what it was like or if anybody could recommend any nice areas near there to live?

Thank you.

Guest Guest5035

Mile End itself is not too bad a area to live, close to the city

stevo

where in Nottingham are you from, we were in West Bridgford

Mile End is quite close to the city - about 3 kms - and about 8kms to Henley Beach. Other suburbs nearby which are quite nice also are Hindmarsh, Bowden, Prospect - North Adelaide is a lovely "old" area and can definitely be pricey to rent (or buy). Good transport links. Henley Beach Road (near Mile End) has a number of multi-cultural food shops - both supermarkets and restaurants.

Guest Adelaideboundsam

We live in Stapleford not as nice as West Bridgford!

Hi

I work in Mile End and live close by in a suburb called Brooklyn Park. Areas like Netley, Plympton, Richmond, Torrensville, Mile End and Brooklyn Park are ideally situated between the city and the beach and are very affordable. Be careful though as you can hear the planes flying to and from the airport. The volume varies depending exactly where you are.

Lockleys is another place worth considering. A bit more expensive than the areas I've mentioned earlier but in the most part you don't have to worry about the sound of planes. It's a nice leafy suburb and ideally situated between the city and beach.

If money was no object I'd live at Henley Beach. West Beach is also very nice.

These places are all within 5-10 minutes of Mile End but are only a few of the many suburbs nearby.