Transit hotel in Singapore

R & H

Hi there - we are travelling in September via Singapore and have a stop over for 6 hours so wanted to use a transit hotel. Has anyone used the Ambassador Transit Hotel? if so, what did you think. If not can anyone recommend a transit hotel please.

Thanks

Guest misschief3003

Oo I'm going Sept too, although not booked flights yet. We have a 15 hour transfer in Singapore so were looking for the same thing x

Guest Busy Lizzie

Hi - I am in NZ at present and just returned from a UK visit. I had an 9 hour stop over on the way home and used the transit hotel in T3 - the minimum is 6 hour stint but it is so worth it to get showered and put your feet up and stretch out on a long haul. It cost approx $75 SD for 6 hrs and then each additional hour is about $9 I think. There is also a free 2 hour bus tour that you can get on but best to check times it leaves as you need at least 5 hours before your flight. I missed out on this as a slept first and then ran out of time, next time I will do the tour first then sleep. Have fun! PS don't by drinks in the airport - very expensive a glass of wine $15 SD. On my way to the UK I had only 5.5 hrs and I took a cab for a 2 hour tour $75 for the two hours of the city - agree the price first. The cab driver bought me dinner for that as well. It was wonderful experience. Singapore Sling in Raffles is a must although prices at $31 SD for one.

Best wishes Lizzie

Hi - I am in NZ at present and just returned from a UK visit. I had an 9 hour stop over on the way home and used the transit hotel in T3 - the minimum is 6 hour stint but it is so worth it to get showered and put your feet up and stretch out on a long haul. It cost approx $75 SD for 6 hrs and then each additional hour is about $9 I think. There is also a free 2 hour bus tour that you can get on but best to check times it leaves as you need at least 5 hours before your flight. I missed out on this as a slept first and then ran out of time, next time I will do the tour first then sleep. Have fun! PS don't by drinks in the airport - very expensive a glass of wine $15 SD. On my way to the UK I had only 5.5 hrs and I took a cab for a 2 hour tour $75 for the two hours of the city - agree the price first. The cab driver bought me dinner for that as well. It was wonderful experience. Singapore Sling in Raffles is a must although prices at $31 SD for one.

Best wishes Lizzie

Can't agree more - used the Transit hotel on our last trip to and from Oz. Heaven is having a shower between flights, worth the cost for that alone!

Guest Guest75

The T3 Transit Hotel is the best. Hopefully no building work going on.

You prolly won't need a room if you only have a 6 hr stop over. You can hire full shower and wash room facilities there.

Try the 18 hour stopovers that I endure there - then ya need a room!!!

Guest Helchops

We're on an 18 hour stopover. Makes the whole journey 36 hours...plus we have to go to London the morning before for our dog so that's 60 hours of travelling...

We've booked the hotel for 12 hours so the plan is one of us will sleep while the other is looking after the little one, and then vice versa. She'll sleep when she needs to as they say (hopefully on the plane so we don't get chucked off - we're the row behind first class with a toddler!!)

Hi there - we are travelling in September via Singapore and have a stop over for 6 hours so wanted to use a transit hotel. Has anyone used the Ambassador Transit Hotel? if so, what did you think. If not can anyone recommend a transit hotel please.

Thanks

If your arrival is during daytime I'd suggest using the pool rather than a room. Six hours isn't that long and after being on a plane on such a long journey (and with more to come) being able to chill by the pool with a drink (towels and showers provided) is great. The transit hotel is great if your stopover is for a longer period or in the middle of the night! I've never fancied doing a bus/taxi tour after sitting down all that time, although Singapore is a great place to explore.

Jim

Hi There ,

We went via singapore in April this year we just used the pool which was very relaxing and it was good for our 2 year old, my advice for the transit hotel is to book it before you leave the UK as it works out alot cheaper. I hope you have a safe journey and enjoy your new life in OZ

Guest duggy281

Thanks

Hello there we stayed there a couple of weeks ago with 2kids it's great exactly what you need to freshen up.

Hope this helps

The Dugdales

Guest Guest75
Hi There ,

We went via singapore in April this year we just used the pool which was very relaxing and it was good for our 2 year old, my advice for the transit hotel is to book it before you leave the UK as it works out alot cheaper. I hope you have a safe journey and enjoy your new life in OZ

Also book in advance as rooms are not always available. As I have checked in I've seen sooooo many disappointed faces...................

Guest La1ney

Hi, we are also flying in September, was just wondering do you have to pre book the pool, as we are not sure if we are going to use it yet?

• 2 weeks later...

We validated our visa in April and the transit hotel was a god-send. We had 14 hours to kill! When we landed we found we couldn't sleep straight away (9am) so we went to the pool (lovely and very chilled) however we then became over tired so it was back to the room and we all (including a 20 month old) slept for about 5 hours. We have booked it again for when we come out in Jan 13 for good. Defo make sure you reserve a room otherwise it is a killer especially for a long stint and children. On the way back home we didn't book a room and it was so inconvenient having to find seats (which are hard to get comfy on!!!) and pass the time. Don't forget you can explore all the terminals too, as there is so much going on.

Guest Jennet
Thanks for all your responses we'll definitely be booking a room

hi we fly on the 3rd july and we have booked a room in the transit hotel, we have 14 hours to kill so a shower and a cat nap will help, but we arrive early in the morning and leave midnight, but singapore airport is good to pass time too