Guest moonraker1959

Posting the odd box?

Guest moonraker1959

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some advice please?I quite often send a box of presents back to Adelaide,birthdays,Easter and Xmas,and its costing me a small fortune(from the UK).I usually send these from our post office but am now hoping I can find a cheaper way of sending these things?I don't send huge boxes,just small to medium box.Any help/advice would be really appreciated,thankyou!

I often send the other way as well, depending on which country I am in, parcels between 2and 5 kg, and it costs me so much, often more than the gifts to my grandchildren cost. I use the PO and have used DHL.

I would be interested if anyone knows of any cheaper ways, I don't generally use Seamail, as parcels sent like that have sometimes never arrived.

I know I can order over the internet, but prefer to chose myself.

Guest moonraker1959

Cliffy I'm the same,people have suggested I buy online and get it sent to the recipient,but to me its not quite the same really.I like to actually look at the goods I am buying,wrap and then send them.Yes my parcels are also between 2kg and 5kg although I do try and buy light stuff.

Guest willow1234

hi there , if it helps my mum (from uk) sends parcels in the "jiffy" bags rather than a box, this works out cheaper ! providing there is nothing breakable in the parcel lol

Guest The Dimmocks

I used transglobel when I sent a parcel back whilst over in UK before Christmas. You put your dimensions in and weight and it gives you different companies to pick from and the cost of using each one. I chose DHL they were the cheapest. Posted parcels on the Tuesday and they arrived on the Friday.