Sure it has been asked many times but.......

KathleenandCraig

Hi

We are sure it has been asked many times but could anyone tell us the best/cheapest route to Adelaide from the UK? We are out in Australia at the moment for a reccie but we flew to Melbourne to first spend time with Craig's sister (who lives out here) and then flew with Jetstar to Adelaide. We then flew back to Melbourne last week and head back to the UK on Wednesday from there. We have had job offers and look like we need to book a 1 way ticket back to Adelaide in September.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Kathleen and Craig

We've always found Singapore cheaper and my husband is flying with them at the end of June. However when I booked flights for me and the kids Quantas were the cheapest. It depends when you're flying and if you have any flexibilty with dates. I think Singapore, Quantas, BA and Malaysian all fly direct in to Adelaide from Heathrow.

Nicola

Singapore airlines are usually good. Direct from Heathrow via Singapore Changi airport, change flights and straight on to Adelaide.

Going with other carriers like Qantas might be similar price and they code share with BA so you can fly BA the first leg, Qantas the second. IIRC we flew with them last time as they came in cheaper than Singapore at time of booking.

IMHO going via Singapore to Adelaide is also the best route. For the stop over airport and also as other route might mean flying to Dubai or somewhere, then to Melbourne to catch a domestic up to Adelaide. Can get very draining doing that extra stopover.

Guest Iron Chef

It's worth noting that Cathay Pacific fly direct into Adelaide from Hong Kong. Adelaide's customs area is far smaller, and therefore easier to negotiate than Sydney or Melbourne - this is very handy when you've reached the end of a very long trip! I quite often fly with Cathay or Qantas.

Guest moonraker1959

I usually fly with Cathay Pacific.Ensure you check flight times before booking.I usually go for a 24-26 hr type,so you'll say leave London Heathrow at 10.20pm,fly into Hong Kong the following day at around 5.30pm,have a 6 hr transit wait(no problem really you can use free internet,check into a lounge for a shower ect)and board back on the flight for 11,30pm,arriving in Adelaide the following morning around 10am(ish)Always had really good service and nice flights! Congrats on the job front,not many people manage that before even arriving so lucky!Where will you be working?Exciting times for you!xx

Hi Sorry been so busy back in the UK making arrangements I missed the replies. I had an offer from Uni SA which was unexpected but means we can get out there quicker. While we were doing our reccie our house in the UK sold too so all the stars seem to be alligning. The only missing piece is finding a nurse job at Flinders for Kathleen and a house to rent in the H.Cove/Sheidow Park area which is dog friendly.

Hi Sorry been so busy back in the UK making arrangements I missed the replies. I had an offer from Uni SA which was unexpected but means we can get out there quicker. While we were doing our reccie our house in the UK sold too so all the stars seem to be alligning. The only missing piece is finding a nurse job at Flinders for Kathleen and a house to rent in the H.Cove/Sheidow Park area which is dog friendly.

Which UniSA campus will you be working at? I only ask because I know they have a campus at Mawson Lakes (my DH is starting there in July) and Hallett Cove would be a long commute to Mawson Lakes.

Which UniSA campus will you be working at? I only ask because I know they have a campus at Mawson Lakes (my DH is starting there in July) and Hallett Cove would be a long commute to Mawson Lakes.

I believe I am going to be based at the city east campus on North Terrace. Hoping to use the train to get there and back each day.

I believe I am going to be based at the city east campus on North Terrace. Hoping to use the train to get there and back each day.

That would be a lovely place to be working and the train should be a really practical way of travelling. Wish my DH was going to be based at the city campus.

• 1 month later...

Just thought a quick update would be a good idea to see if anyone else has done the same.

We have booked Quantas premium economy and are going Manchester>Heathrow>Melbourne (4 night stop over in Melbourne to see Craig's sister) and then onto Adelaide.

Anyone used Quantas premium economy? The idea of it being slightly quieter and a tiny bit more room made us pay that little more.

• 3 weeks later...

We have just booked our flights for next April and quants came out cheapest for family of 4 (3 adults and 1 child). However we booked with Cathay pacific for just £100 more in total as we didn't want a stop over in Dubai and now are stopping in hong kong for 3 nights.

I just did Internet search for flexible dates and waited to see who came up. Really depends on when u fly.

I have just booked with flight centre as they price match the Internet and I prefer to speak to someone rather than book direct on Internet.

Good luck!

Natasha

Kathleen, would you mind if I asked how much more was premium economy compared to normal economy? It looks so much more comfortable!

Just thought a quick update would be a good idea to see if anyone else has done the same.

We have booked Quantas premium economy and are going Manchester>Heathrow>Melbourne (4 night stop over in Melbourne to see Craig's sister) and then onto Adelaide.

Anyone used Quantas premium economy? The idea of it being slightly quieter and a tiny bit more room made us pay that little more.