House selling - encouraging start!

guspjmh

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest8040

We're giving ours one last blast on the market at a reduced price then going to have to go down the rental route and come with very little safety net money - yikes!

We've taken ours off the market until we get back from Adelaide reccie in April.

We have until May 2017 to make the move, so getting in a panic about selling isn't worth it.

Technically we have until 2016 but really want to get sooner than as I think our ages may go against us employment wise!

Technically we have until 2016 but really want to get sooner than as I think our ages may go against us employment wise!

I wouldn't think so, if you have the skills I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm looking forward to my reccie now, although not so much the 24 hour flight with two little ones!

Guest Guest75
I dont envy you with 2 little ones on the flight - good luck with that! I was glad our 2 our old enough to entertain themselves otherwise I may have been jumping out of the plane!!

Rum,whiskey,brandy.............small tots available onboard:wink:

Kidding aside I think you might be suprised !!!

Guest Caz&Al
I wouldn't think so, if you have the skills I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm looking forward to my reccie now, although not so much the 24 hour flight with two little ones!

Hi Gus, just wanted to reassure you that the flight with 2 little ones isn't as bad as you expect. We did a reccie last year with a 3 year old and 18 month old and all in all they were really good - lots of things to keep them entertained on the flight, air hostesses were great with the baby and its even better if you have a basinette seat (our little girl was a bit too long for it but still slept well in it with her legs over the end!) Enjoy your reccie!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Gus, just wanted to reassure you that the flight with 2 little ones isn't as bad as you expect. We did a reccie last year with a 3 year old and 18 month old and all in all they were really good - lots of things to keep them entertained on the flight, air hostesses were great with the baby and its even better if you have a basinette seat (our little girl was a bit too long for it but still slept well in it with her legs over the end!) Enjoy your reccie!

Just saw this post, thanks! I hope you are right, my little boy can barely keep still for 2 minutes, let alone 24 hours!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the feedback was as follows:

Lovely house which needs a bit cosmetic work to their taste - fine that's good

It is definitely on our short list and we may ask for a second viewing - depends how long their short list is .....mmmmm!

Would have preferred a normal type house with the door at the front - well if you look at the pictures of the house IT SHOWS NO DOOR ON THE FRONT!!!!!!

They loved the feel and atmosphere in the house - good as they did say that when viewing.

Well from that I reckon we wave bye to them :-((

• 1 month later...

Well viewing on Saturday.........daughter and mum shown round with viewer from estate agents. Feedback was good!

Went out on Saturday and on he way back phone call for he same viewer to comeback and look round again with her partner.

Wife showed them round and they seemed very interested.

Rang the estate agent on Tuesday for some feedback and they came back with that they have put an offer in...............wait for it £25,000 under the asking price!!!!!!!

Needless to say we said no we are negotiable but that is taking the p*ss!! Reason for that offer is that would mean that they would not need to pay stamp duty.

I know it is a buyers market but we are not willing to give it away!!

They have not comeback with a counter offer.............Oh well onwards and upwards.

Ahh, that's annoying! Fingers crossed they do come back in with a reasonable offer.

We ARE leaving in January, even if I need to take a slightly lower offer or just rent the house! Apparently the housing market (in our part of Cardiff anyway) is the best it's been since 2007. If you know anyone who wants a nice 4 bed semi in a lovely area of cardiff, with good schools point them in my direction!!!

Edited by guspjmh

• 1 month later...

Good luck matey!

Well we had an offer £10,000 less and accepted. Survey has been done and that is fine. We have been to see our solicitor so it's all go at the moment!!! We have so much to sort out in the house..........cricket is going to have to stop .....lol

Anyway, good luck with the returning viewer and the new viewers!

Guest vikkiann
Good luck matey!

Well we had an offer £10,000 less and accepted. Survey has been done and that is fine. We have been to see our solicitor so it's all go at the moment!!! We have so much to sort out in the house..........cricket is going to have to stop .....lol

Anyway, good luck with the returning viewer and the new viewers!

Fantastic news!