On our way!

Guest Helchops

Guest Helchops

Well, we left London on 25th after sending our dog on 24th! That was a terrible experience, and watching him go on a forklift truck with totally uncaring handlers was horrific.

Anyway, we then boarded our A380 on Wednesday morning with my partner being sick all morning (nerves?) and our toddler screaming in our lap for two hours annoying all the other passengers!!

Singapore Airlines were absolutely amazing and I can't recommend them highly enough. Upon landing, we went to the Transit Hotel in Terminal 3 and got some MUCH needed sleep as after saying goodbyes etc, we reckon we had about 8 hours sleep in five days!!

Just boarded the last leg to Adelaide, but wanted to drop in and say thanks to everyone for all your help and kind words. See some of you soon!!

Guest Helchops

Thanks guys. Landed safely a few hours ago, all is good. Just enjoying this lovely sun!! So much to do - don't really know where to start. I think step one is a relax and good nights rest so see you in the morning!!

Guest peter.morton.7543

It's the middle of winter, near enough ...

I recall we arrived in Sept - very nice. By December my wife was spending the evenings in the bath tub with ice cubes poured over her, and big boils. However, they soon cleared up and we adjusted. But the first thing we bought for our first house was an air conditioner for the bedroom window.

Welcome, though ...

Thanks guys. Landed safely a few hours ago, all is good. Just enjoying this lovely sun!! So much to do - don't really know where to start. I think step one is a relax and good nights rest so see you in the morning!!

Definitely relax. The kids and I have been here a week and we are just over the jet lag now. Although it's still a good excuse to stay in bed while my OH gets up and ready for work :wink:.

Guest Helchops

The meet up is on! Name the time & place and we're there!

The only thing we're struggling with is how cold it is at night! Our little one woke up with blue feet! What do people do? I don't want to leave a fan heater on in her room all night!

We wandered down to the beach yesterday and it was gorgeous. Really pleased to finally be here after all the planning and I start work tomorrow too so no more holidaying!!

We're staying at 'Warm Welcome - Warradale' with Dianne and Clem and they have been amazing in helping us settle - they cooked our first meal here which was really lovely. If anyone wants the details, just let me know but can't recommend them highly enough!

Any tips on great places to go on days off so we're getting the feel for the place?

We also drove around the edge of the city earlier and it's so big, bright and clean. Lovely.

Jet lag not been too bad, just feeling a little 'heady' with stress headaches and feeling sleepy in the afternoon!

Finally, trying to get Internet has been really difficult. Telstra 3G is pretty good, but it's taken ages to set up!

Guest ladyarkles

I'm a little late to the party, but WELCOME anyway.

Get some socks on for bed time, it does get a bit chilly and the concept of heating has not quite caught on here, yet!

Hope you settle in soon and get on with enjoying your new life.

Rachel xx

If you haven't yet been up to Mount Lofty, do that as you have a good panoramic view of Adelaide and its surrounds from there, really helps you get your bearings. Also there is Cleland Park up there which is a lovely wildlife park and a great place to spend a day or an afternoon. If you get any sunny days there is the Mount Lofty Botanic gardens up there too which is a great place for the kids to run wild and let off steam if you've been driving around looking at places.

PS Can highly recommend investing in some nightware like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NWT-Adult-Teenager-Fleece-Footed-Onesie-Pyjamas-/200790297880?pt=AU_Womens_Clothing_2&var=&hash=item746ed3e24f

Edited by Diane

Hey! Glad you arrived safely! Fly with singapore on 31st August and arrive Adelaide on 5th sept we have little girls the same age, where abouts are you living? Dawn x