KathleenandCraig

Sending the odd box

Hi

Found a few threads with similar titles/info but some are quite dated now and in the ever expensive world we lived in I know these prices/times may no longer be valid. So we were wondering if anyone has recently sent just an odd box or 2 over from the UK and who they used/prices etc? My parents did something for my sister in Melbourne about 3 years ago and it cost her around 180 pounds (my new Australian keyboard only has $$$!!!). Any advice or experiences shared is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

....it cost her around 180 pounds (my new Australian keyboard only has $$$!!!)

To get a £ sign from an Australian keyboard hold down the Alt key and press 0163 on the keypad.

Guest bubbe2005
    To get a £ sign from an Australian keyboard hold down the Alt key and press 0163 on the keypad.

lol that didn't work on my US keyboard:tongue:

Depends who you use. If someone is sending a parcel/box via airmail its going to be really expensive. If you send it via ship through the normal mail it takes about 3 months but is a lot cheaper.

If you use a shipping company then you can usually get a good idea of price off their websites.

You can also use companies like Seven Seas or other companies like it.

Hi

Found a few threads with similar titles/info but some are quite dated now and in the ever expensive world we lived in I know these prices/times may no longer be valid. So we were wondering if anyone has recently sent just an odd box or 2 over from the UK and who they used/prices etc? My parents did something for my sister in Melbourne about 3 years ago and it cost her around 180 pounds (my new Australian keyboard only has $$$!!!). Any advice or experiences shared is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

I'd have a look at the Excess Baggage Company website if I were you. They're based at Heathrow Airport, so you could take your unaccompanied box of belongings with you on the day and leave it with them to transport to Oz, or arrange for them to come and pick it up at your home before you leave. I'm also taking an extra box of bits when we go in January and think we'll be using them.

I used to have a keyboard without the £ sign, but could bring it up if I pressed a couple of keys (which I can't remember exactly now: it was something like Ctrl+Alt+3). Why don't you google your question 'how to select a pound sign on my keyboard?', or something like that? I'm sure something will pop up to help you. It's there somewhere, I'm sure!

All the best!!