Get together for Older Couples

Guest Martin&Steph

LC maybe it did and we didn't get invited lol lol. Anyone available during the day pre Christmas ???? Would be happy to host coffee/cake at mine in Woodcroft for those interested. Cheers Karen

I have to say I was wondering whether it was as simple (and sad) as just not being invited lol! And :(

That sounds like a lovely and very generous offer, Karen, but I'd kinda like my OH to come along too so a week day wouldn't work for him. (I wouldn't tell him this but he's actually quite nice!)

How about a Saturday / Sunday soon? As for venue - any other suggestions?

If those north Adelaideans still want to join us perhaps it could be somewhere central? Or central-ish...we wouldn't want them to feel pandered to lol!

LC

I was just wondering...did anything ever come of this idea?

We're still keen :jiggy:

Fingers crossed!

LC

(If I sound a little tentative it's cos I'm worried I - and a couple of notorious reprobates - put people off.....:huh:)

Hi neil and i are still up for it! is anyone free next weekend? maybe meet sat nightin a pub somewhere?x

Guest Barney Rubble
I have to say I was wondering whether it was as simple (and sad) as just not being invited lol! And :(

That sounds like a lovely and very generous offer, Karen, but I'd kinda like my OH to come along too so a week day wouldn't work for him. (I wouldn't tell him this but he's actually quite nice!)

How about a Saturday / Sunday soon? As for venue - any other suggestions?

If those north Adelaideans still want to join us perhaps it could be somewhere central? Or central-ish...we wouldn't want them to feel pandered to lol!

LC

Awe thanks LCD :wubclub:

i am still 'up for it' and checked out the movie guide but have been busy most fridays & saturday evenings.

Sunday arvo's may be better for us.

hope things pick up for you Steph

Oh, Barney Rubble, Barney Rubble, Barney Rubble....what can I say? (sigh) :confused:

Afternoons sound good to me too but we can't make next Sunday arvo :(

Can we perhaps combine claire p's idea of next Saturday in a pub with this-

next Saturday afternoon at the West Beach Sailing Club? It's a nice place and - in my head at least - a pretty equal journey from north or south?

But I'm open to suggestions and if we can't make the first one well, it's not all about me lol! :shocked:

LC

Edited by Lazy Cow
The font looks weird....

Guest Loz N Dave

Hi

We would love to meet other couples for coffee etc one weekend. We are in our late 40's. We live in Paradise. Please let us know if something can be arranged. Lorraine

Can we perhaps combine claire p's idea of next Saturday in a pub with this-

next Saturday afternoon at the West Beach Sailing Club? It's a nice place and - in my head at least - a pretty equal journey from north or south?

I forgot to put a date lol.... I meant Saturday, 8 December. Perhaps 1pm?

Since my last post got 'lost' I might pop this on as a new thread :huh:

LC

• 2 months later...
hi.we are new to Adelaide...we are older 40ish couple..with teenage son..love to meet for coffee or drinks!anyone living around athelstone area?

Mottie has arranged a meet up at West Beach Yacht/Sailing Club this weekend - Saturday, 23rd Feb at 2pm. (It's about 30-40 mins away from you).

This thread should perhaps be locked, so people find the new, improved (or at least current lol!) one of Mottie's?

Anyhow, hope to see you Saturday :smile:

LC