Get together for Older Couples

Guest Martin&Steph

Guest Martin&Steph

Hi. Martin and I would love to meet up with some "older" couples. We're in our 40s and

most of the couples we seem to come across have small children. So if you're interested

in getting together for a picnic, barbaque or just drinks, let us know. Cheers :smile:

We have children who are (or fast approaching) 40. We belong to several social groups as. when you're over 60, you can feel a bit excluded too! Hope you find a circle of like-minded or similar aged friends to meet up.

Our daughter here has younger children though - are you looking for parents with teenagers?

Edited by jtct

Umm, just wanted to point out that even older couples can have small children. My OH is nearly 50 and our kids are just 11 and 7. Are you wanting to meet older couples or people with older or no children? Also, where in Adeliade are you - it will help people know if you are up the road or an hour away.

Guest Martin&Steph

Hi Jane and Clive,

Thank you for your kind wishes. We're really looking for friends older than in their 20s as we feel we're

at a different mindset. So 60s to us is not too old so if you want to meet up with us thats great!

Guest Martin&Steph

Hi NicF

Thanks for your reply. We're really wanting to make friends with older couples. Usually couples with young children want

to meet with other couples with young children for them to play with. So if you want to get together with other older couples without any children thats perfectly fine. We live in 2 different places due to Martin's teenage son - Kensington and Abefoyle Park so travelling isn't a problem to us.

Cheers Stephanie

Hi We are Claire & Neil, we are in early 40s with a teenage daughter, we know how u feel, we feel a bit like outcasts not having young kids and it makes it a bit harder to meet people i think, we love eating out, drinking, bbqs and partys and would love to meet new couples! busy the next few wkends but if your free 17th or 24th let me know and we can arrange something:~)

Guest Barney Rubble

We i'm in my (early) 50's wife sucumbs to the big 5oh next year, but i am a kid at heart, see the dilemma here, great that people are not afraid to say (now picture the Balfours ad) WHAT ABOUT ME !

Growing up :nah:

Over rated :biglaugh:

We'd like to join you, too :wubclub: (assuming you're not that choosy lol!).

We have two big kids who don't need/want to come out with us anymore. I miss those days, but they've gone and with them, a bit of our social life :sad:. We are still friends with the same people but the arvos and evenings that used to follow footy games, surf life etc have long gone and we meet up less frequently now.

We are in Aberfoyle Park (the older, less posh bit lol) so just name a time and place and we would love to meet you all.

:cool: LC

Guest Barney Rubble

ok i'll go in disguise, even my wife won't recognise me !

Aberfoyle Park Eh ?

Oh ? She's not a bad old stick i guess. After 30 yearsmarriage guess i'll not get much for a trade in :shocked:

ok i'll go in disguise, even my wife won't recognise me

. After 30 yearsmarriage guess i'll not get much for a trade in :shocked:

Disguise, hey? Intriguing....ladyboy, perhaps? :wink:

As for your second comment; your wife had better not try trading you in as I'm fair sure she'd get less!

Yours nastily,

Cow xx

Guest Barney Rubble

Ouch !

you women are SO cold to us men, you seriously need to lighten up on us you know.

I mean after all we are "the better half"

well that's what I changed her phone says after I got it :biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
We i'm in my (early) 50's wife sucumbs to the big 5oh next year, but i am a kid at heart, see the dilemma here, great that people are not afraid to say (now picture the Balfours ad) WHAT ABOUT ME !

Growing up :nah:

Over rated :biglaugh:

Lots of similar thoughts to me,plus we are both picked on by Lazy Cow!

If Barney going I might go myself hes like the brother I never had..lol

Never had...or never wanted? :biglaugh:

Seriously though guys, this is a really great idea, thank you Martin and Steph :wubclub:

I don't know whether you wanted any suggestions but I thought maybe we could pool some ideas?

How about meeting up at a bbq at Belair? I'm not very inventive lol but I always like goung up there cos you can all take some food/drink and just relax.

I guess there's always a pub or something but sometimes they're a bit noisy and it makes it hard to hear everybody.

Or a cafe at the Botanic Garden or is it a bit far to travel?

Or the beach...but, IMHO, it's a bit cold still.

Or, or...no, I'm all done!

Be nice when the Moonlight Cinema's back; that's a great place to meet and have a picnic plus you get a film -assuming everone wants to see the same one lol!

LC

Guest Barney Rubble
If Barney going I might go myself hes like the brother I never had..lol

:cute:

Sounds like a good plan, we can always find a secluded corner for Lazy Cow, would hate for her to have to do toooooo much.

other than wait on us men with the beers :idea:

Guest Barney Rubble

Seriously though guys, this is a really great idea, thank you Martin and Steph :wubclub:

I don't know whether you wanted any suggestions but I thought maybe we could pool some ideas?

How about meeting up at a bbq at Belair? I'm not very inventive lol but I always like goung up there cos you can all take some food/drink and just relax.

I guess there's always a pub or something but sometimes they're a bit noisy and it makes it hard to hear everybody.

Or a cafe at the Botanic Garden or is it a bit far to travel?

Or the beach...but, IMHO, it's a bit cold still.

Or, or...no, I'm all done!

Be nice when the Moonlight Cinema's back; that's a great place to meet and have a picnic plus you get a film -assuming everone wants to see the same one lol!

LC

Well the Moonlight cinema could be a good idea unless people nearby actually want to listen to the movie, cafe at the botanic gardens could be worth a recce, beach on the right day's ok, Belair is also a good one providing no n

one suggests tennis, we are over 40 & our bodies take longer to heal from the bruises now :confused:

• 4 weeks later...