natasha2106

holiday let??

Hi all,

I have been doing the research and I am struggling to find any reasonable accommodation. We fly out in April 2013 and I am thinking of having perhaps a holiday let for 3 weeks and hopefully we can then secure a rental on arrival. However on looking the apartments and unfurnished short terms lets are coming in extremely expensive.

Just wondering if people could share their views and also say where they stayed when they arrived so I can see if these come in any cheaper. I have exhausted the lonely planet book of accommodation and am starting to feel like I am going in circles with this.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Natasha

Have you tried stayz.com.au or takeabreak.com.au? Many of the properties on these sites will give discounts for longer stays but they are not always detailed on the website so you need to email for a quote. Try the accomodation section on here as well as quite a few members have properties. Do you have any idea where you want to be based?

Have you tried stayz.com.au or takeabreak.com.au? Many of the properties on these sites will give discounts for longer stays but they are not always detailed on the website so you need to email for a quote. Try the accomodation section on here as well as quite a few members have properties. Do you have any idea where you want to be based?

Hi

have you tried the members on here who have properties ,

we stayed at tykes place in wood rift which was great , if you look him up and see if he's got any availability , also there's tamara and a few others , rentals might seem expensive but they include all the bills ect .

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Don't forget too that school holidays are 12-29th April so a lot of places can be more expensive because of that.

Guest Guest75
    Meant to be woodcroft ...

Hello neighbor........... we are in now. Have to catch up for a beer soon. Still can't get over how small a world it is!

Guest themarchos

we are staying at a short term let at the moment, look up roorentals online. Lovely couple Judi and Ian (english) who have about 5 properties in different areas of adelaide, approx $675 per week, but that includes bills, and you can hire linen, bedding and towels for $10 pp for your stay, and its all furnished, pots, pans, plates, a bbq, tv ,cd player, sofas, beds, everything you need really etc etc... We rented off them last yr when we validated and used them again when we emigrated just 2 wks ago! we have found a long term rental already and move in on the 8th nov!

good luck

Guest vikkiann

Have a look at acacia rentals, Kim the owner is friendly and helpful

Guest sedgecl

Hi,

We have stayed with Aussie Life - Tyke and Acacia rentals - Kim, in the Moana area. Both properties were lovely and they can both be found on this forum.

Hope this will help and Good luck.

Guest NatsandSteve

Hi,

We had the same problem as we arrive in January and everything was so expensive! I then found a site called airbnb.com and I think its fantastic.

It is basically people who have either rooms within their houses or small apartment/granny annexes attached to their houses. Some are private or some are rooms within their houses. The one we have found had excellent reviews and we are staying in a huge double room with ensuite, sofa, tv, wir etc and its so much cheaper than any other place we found. Now obviously it might be harder if you have children but us a young couple on our own we didn't mind the house share ideas as it was soo much cheaper. When you look on the website you can filter the results to show you options that are completely private/separate apartment or room within houses. It's all professional people who own the houses not students...basically a bnb hence the website address!

Don't know if it will be suitable for you but definitely worth having a look :-)

Thank you all for your replies.

On looking most of the rentals are south of adelaide, as my husband is an cnc setter/programmer engineer his line of work will more than likely be north of adelaide so we were hoping to rent perhaps henley beach northwards to cut down on the commute, don't want to rent in the south if looking for properties in the north, if this makes sense.

Thanks

Natasha

Hi. We stayed with Tamara from Homes down under at one of her cottages and the help that she gave us to settle in was just great. Collected us from the airport and the home had everything. Totally recommend her if you are moving south of the city.

Thank you all for your replies.

On looking most of the rentals are south of adelaide, as my husband is an cnc setter/programmer engineer his line of work will more than likely be north of adelaide so we were hoping to rent perhaps henley beach northwards to cut down on the commute, don't want to rent in the south if looking for properties in the north, if this makes sense.

Thanks

Natasha

Plenty of places further north on stayz and takeabreak. We've found places to stay in Glenelg, Norwood and North Adelaide on there in the past.