Moving to Adelaide

siandear

I don't reslly know Semaphore that well so I can't really comment on the area or how easy it is to get to the city. For buses or trains you need to look at the Adelai metro site - there is a journey planner on there (put in cbd for the city). However I find that google maps does a better job of planning routes to and from from areas and will give you the numbers of the buses you need and you can then take that to the metro site and look up the timetables.

Glanville train station is at the end of Semaphore road away from the beach. Semaphore road is the main road (approx 1 km long) leading to Semaphore beach. This is the nearest train into the city. This takes about 25 minutes into the city. But it could take you 30 minutes walk to get to the train station as semaphore is quiet a large area. There are buses too. But these take longer into the city.

Hi, we are moving to Adelaide early next year - I really like the look of Semaphore - is it easy to get into the City? Is there a train, or is it easier to drive? I cant seem to find out online? Also, does anyone live in Semaphore - is it ok place to live?

Many thanks for any information

Hi Siandear:

I used to live at West Lakes Shore (next door suburb to Semaphore) in the '70s, and used to work in North Adelaide. The drive into Adelaide was about 20 minutes (7kms); straight down the Port Road. By train, you'd have to go from Ethelton (nearest to Semaphore I think), which should take about 15 mins or so (20 mins tops). By bus, it was a a bit round-the-houses (via Port Adelaide) from where I lived, and it used to take about an hour - unless things have moved on from when I'm talking about, which I hope they have done by now.

Semaphore is a beach-based, established suburb, and very popular as far as I know. Have a look at the www.real estate.com.au website for Semaphore SA; you'll get plenty of local information there, I'm sure. Also, why not try a 'Google Street-View' search (Semaphore Road is a good place to start from) and have a good look around the area.

I wish you good luck and much happiness in your new life in lovely old Adelaide. x