Help

Guest lisa4

Hi All

My husband and I are desperate to get to Adelaide but everytime we ask an agent the answer is NO and we can't help, or you need this £xxxxx amount:confused:

My Husband is in charge of an Airport Fire Service and I am a Medical Receptionist. We have a 4 year old little girl. I have over 35 family members living in Adelaide and my cousins are more like brothers and sisters than that. My Uncle and Aunt moved there on the £10 Pom.

I would love to know how some people are getting "Invited" and how to do it myself.

Any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Happy Christmas:xmas12:

I am guessing neither of you have a profession or skills that are on the wanted list so to speak. Have you done the visa wizard?

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

This is the info about migration

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/

I don't think the fire service is hiring from overseas. I have no clue if the airport fire service falls under this or not. But would guess they can probably fill the job from inside Aus so it wouldn't be a visa option.

Does your husband have any skills that are on the wanted list? His job sounds like it is pretty high up, so perhaps he has something in his skills that could stand him in good stead, just not in a position like he is currently in. Having an employer sponsor might be possible but there are catches to that route.

If you've spoken to decent migration agents (Go Matilda is always worth a consult as they should give you decent feedback on your chances) and they say there isn't much going for you, then that may well be the case. You need skills in something Aus wants generally and if you don't have that, it may be tough going to get a visa.

People get "invited" because they are skilled in something that Australia requires.

If you don't have these skills then you won't be able to come on a skilled visa and will have to look at other options such as a business visa.

It may be the case that you just aren't eligible for a visa unfortunately, not everyone is.

At least with all that family here you'll have plenty of people to stay with on holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys are under 31 then you can also get working holiday visa's and come over that way (or one of you) to try and find a job in which to get sponsored. You can also do whilst on this visa 3months witin agricultural work in order to gain a second year, to extend the time in which you have to find the correct job etc.

However if you are over 31, its worth scanning, websites such as seek and careerone to see if they have any jobs which you could apply for, i recently sent a link to my friend who thought she didnt have a way in and she applied for the job and it going to have a phone interview. Another friend got over through the same way having a phone interview, she then got the job and was flown over, all expenses paid, job sponsorship, put up for first month, items from home shipped etc and partner was put on her visa. So there are definatley ways.

If i hadnt any options to come over i would even consider coming over on a tourist visa for 6 months and talking to industries whilst here to see if they could sponsor, there are even companies willing to sponsor such as resturant chains etc, so if you wanted to live here that much you could take any job for sponsorship purposes.

I hope some of this information helps, it may seem broad but these are the options i had to consider when we thought we had messed up our visa. We went with a migration agent called immigration2oz the agents name was john adams, they were great help and were very honest.

All the best for 2013

p.s. have you also checked all other states for the state sponsorship options that was the visa we got 176, Each state has different 'SOL' lists occupational lists and requirements it may be worth looking at them if you havent already. I know you said you wanted Adelaide specifically but it may be that your way in is through another state.

Guest lebour

From what you have posted re-training would be your only option.

WHV is not suitable for you as you have a dependent, and even if it was, your occupation still requires to be on the Skilled Occupation List.