Elizabeth Anyone?

Guest ayekic

Moving to Adelaide in March and we are looking to buy after an initial 6 month rent.

Elizabeth Park / South have tempting new land and house packages which we are considering; we prefer brand new :cute:

How is the suburb faring today? Not many good reviews from the forums eh? Has it changed?

Any good schools nearby? Children are 6 and 5.

Thanks loads!

Sorry if i offend anyone that lives in any of the Elizabeth downs, park,south,north ETC .But its not the best areas to live its mostly housing trust housing Its been a few years since I have been out that way so it may have changed but I would not think that it would have changed that much.It was where the ten pound poms were housed when they came over in the 60/70's. in the north and Christies Beach in the south.

Guest Guest5035
Sorry if i offend anyone that lives in any of the Elizabeth downs, park,south,north ETC .But its not the best areas to live its mostly housing trust housing Its been a few years since I have been out that way so it may have changed but I would not think that it would have changed that much.It was where the ten pound poms were housed when they came over in the 60/70's. in the north and Christies Beach in the south.

full of pov's

stevo

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of investment going into the areas in and around Elizabeth - I would agree to avoid the existing housing trust areas but the new developments the OP is mentioning are looking good investments to me. My guess is that as they become more established you are going to see good capital growth. You may need to consider which schools you choose for children and get to know the areas in the neighbourhood to keep clear from but having lived in some rough places in Scotland, Elizabeth was not as bad as we had been warned. If your budget allows and you don't mind being a bit further away from the city I would agree that Gawler and Evanston are nicer but having lived in Gawler for the first year we missed the city life and access to the beach so moved South of the city

NWM

My knowledge of Elizabeth is limited to certain area. I work in Elizabeth South as emergency care worker. The South is much more near to the city, and near to Salisbury areas, like Salisbury, Brahma Lodge, Parafield Gardens.. I think they are all right even though when you heard people talk about Elizabeth, the reaction is the same.. I think the reputation is hard to shake off. Elizabeth South is actually very close to "good" suburbs like Gulfview Heights, Wyn Valle, Salisbury Heights.

regards