Guest coralshanley

Urgent help needed year 12 research project

Guest coralshanley

Hello everyone, my name is Coral Shanley, I am 17 years old and I am currently a year 11 student at Henley High School. As part of our curriculum, we are required to participate in the Research Project, and the topic of the project is completely up to us.

I chose to investigate all about emigration specifically looking at moving from Great Britain to South Australia, as I did this with my family when I was only eight years old.

As part of my research, I have to survey and interview people and thought that this would be a great way to get other immigrants' opinions and journey.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer the general questions listed below, and also know that your opinions and answers will be kept anonymous, and will only be used for the purpose of my Research Project.

Thankyou for your time and I hope to read your responses soon!

1. Why did you decide to move to South Australia?

2. What type of visa did you come over here with?

3. What would you say are the long and short term effects of moving from Great Britain to South Australia?

4. What is the hardest thing that you have dealt with after migrating? (missing friends and family)

5. Are you glad you chose to migrate?Why/why not?

6. Would you recommend migrating from Great Britain to South Australia for anyone thinking about it? Why/why not?

7. How would you describe South Australia compared to Great Britain? Good and bad ways

8. Did you find it really hard to adapt to anything when you first moved to South Australia?

Guest xhaylesx

Hey Coral. Do you want the answers emailed to you or posted here?

Hello everyone, my name is Coral Shanley, I am 17 years old and I am currently a year 11 student at Henley High School. As part of our curriculum, we are required to participate in the Research Project, and the topic of the project is completely up to us.

I chose to investigate all about emigration specifically looking at moving from Great Britain to South Australia, as I did this with my family when I was only eight years old.

As part of my research, I have to survey and interview people and thought that this would be a great way to get other immigrants' opinions and journey.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer the general questions listed below, and also know that your opinions and answers will be kept anonymous, and will only be used for the purpose of my Research Project.

Thankyou for your time and I hope to read your responses soon!

3. What would you say are the long and short term effects of moving from Great Britain to South Australia?

4. What is the hardest thing that you have dealt with after migrating? (missing friends and family)

6. Would you recommend migrating from Great Britain to South Australia for anyone thinking about it? Why/why not?

7. How would you describe South Australia compared to Great Britain? Good and bad ways

8. Did you find it really hard to adapt to anything when you first moved to South Australia?

When you copy from one person it is call plagiarism, when you copy from many it is called research

When you copy from one person it is call plagiarism, when you copy from many it is called research

???????????

Guest Jo&Phil

Adding to the body of knowledge = empirical research ... aka 'what I used to

do for a living'!

Guest Allybinoz42

What a great project. Could you post your report afterwards? Should also ask how long people have been here especially in regard to long /short term effects.

1. Came to explore and meet up with Australian boyfriend. 11 years.

2.working holiday

3. Short term: unemployment, culture shock, missing family; long term: homesickness, isolation from family, assimilation.

4. Accepting that family are very far away and the long term effects of this.

5. Yes, though it is a double edged sword. Best for me personally not so for my relationships with family.

6. Yes. High standard of living.

7. Better climate, slower pace of life, not as many career opportunities, conservative, not as overcrowded.

8. Yes, work especially, coming in as an experienced professional and not having those skills recognised.

Like Ally says, good idea for project and would make interesting reading. i'm an Aussie, so can't help.Hoping some others of the kind people on here will contribute as well. Good luck with your project!