hotel on Singapore airport?

Him again

Dear folks

Our big day is fast aproaching we are flying to Adelaide on 1 April with Singapore airlines. We have a 16 hour stop over in Singapore does anybody knows cheap accomodation preferably on the airport as we have 3 young childeren with us so that we all can have a sleep and leave our luggage while we take a dip in the pool.

Thanks

Him Again

Hi

We are flying the same flight with the 16 hour stopover but on 29/3. We have two small kids and have opted for no transit hotel. We are flying at 0850 from Manchester and plan on getting kids to sleep for about four hours or so towards the end of flight. We land at 7am in Singapore an are going to do the free city tour, put swimming stuff in our hand luggage, mooch around the shops etc (it's huge) and when te kids are flagging go swimming at teatime.

All the luggage will go straight thru so don't have to worry bout it. After swimming we can have a wander and then get on the flight to Adelaide. Kids ad us will be zonked so should have a good sleep on plane.

we arrive in Adelaide at 9am and are hoping that we will be part way towards adjusting our body clocks..

may not work but that's the plan.

hope this helps, if not the ambassador hotel is the one that we were recommended.

We have done the flight twice, once we didn't stay in Singapore and once we did. I can honestly say, I wouldn't do the flight again without booking into hotel in airport. Last time we stayed in the Ambassador Hotel in Terminal 2. Basic, but really comfortable. Plenty to do in the Airport terminals which are linked together by a train system, you just jump on and off as you need to. Loads of places to eat, have a walk about, take a swim, get yr hair done;) , kids play areas. Then when you've done enough drop into bed for a few hours. The hotel call you at what ever time you need to get up, then you get on yr flight fresh as a daisy!! No comparison for me......i'd have a stopover everytime!!

Hope this helps

Bev

You can book a room by the hour, i think you might find it very hard, especially with 3 little ones. Why not book a 6hr sleep room? At least you can have a shower and a stretch out. Also, i think if you leave the airport you have to take your luggage. I think so anyhow:/ Anyway, good luck with yr journeys x

Hi - Hubby stayed in the Transit Lounge recently and was pleased with it.

However, when we came over here 4 years ago we stayed at the Grand Mercure Roxy - more expensive than your transit lounge, but not as pricey as some of the larger hotels - and were very pleased with it. It's only 20 mins from the airport and there is a free courtesy bus which will take you both ways. Lovely pool to relax in. Market across the road with lots of food stalls (very cheap) and even shopping close by if you're not too jet-lagged! We booked online through Hotelopia.

Best of luck for your journey.