Guest louise78

good places to live for families

Guest louise78

Hi

Just looking at properties to rent and seen a few ones in Edwardstown, is this area great for families does anyone know.

cheers x:smile:

Edited by louise78
    spelling

Guest Sharon H

Hi, We have been renting in Edwardstown for the last 4 months and we are settling in. Our boys (11 and 9) go to Edwardstown Primary and are loving it. They have made it very welcoming there. It is quite handy for the city and the beach which we like. There are shops quite close. But it depends on what you want.

Guest oztostay

Hallett cove is best to settle ino... fab and central and school is good for a state school good luck

I don't know Edwardstown at all but for short term accommodation while you have a look round it would be great as it is close to the CBD and pretty central for exploring north, south, east and west. Lots of areas in Adelaide are family friendly but not every area will be right for you. A lot will depend on where you will be working and whether you want somewhere close to the beach or somewhere by the hills. Check out http://www.myschool.edu.au/ for information on schools in the areas you are considering. The best thing though is to have a good look round once you get here to find the right place for you.

Guest louise78

Thanks everyone,

still waiting for our visas but cant help but look.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

How on earth is Edwardstown handy for the beach???? Compared to where, Mount Lofty?

Guest smit

Handy area on route to city, not far from marion shops, obviosly shops at Castle Plaza and surrounds and shortish drive to beach

Edwardstown is quite an industrial area with South Road (a very busy major 2 lane route with lots of trucks) going through it. I associate it with busy traffic, fast food outlets, shops and second hand car yards. If you look at the satellite view on google earth there is a high proportion of industrial/commercial buildings (pale grey roofs). No doubt there are some nice residential streets too but it's not the first suburb that comes to mind when I think of a family friendly place to live.

Edited by Anne B

How on earth is Edwardstown handy for the beach???? Compared to where, Mount Lofty?

Compared to all the suburbs to the east of it, especially those with the city in between them and the beach.

Edwardstown is quite industrial and as Anne B says has Main South Road running through it but only a couple of streets back will be nice quiet residential streets. (Always surprises me how quiet those side streets are). Renting may offer no problems but if you later on look to buy there have been issues with pollution from its industrial past. I would suggest you google the area to find out more.

As for areas, I would rent a furnished rental for the first few weeks when you get here, drive around and find areas you like before looking for something long term to avoid being stuck for 6-12 months in an area you don't like.

Lea