anyone else moving over in June or thereabouts?

Guest Benoli

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shellbell1979

Hi

We arrived on 7th June. We're staying in a holiday rental in Christies Beach at the moment but got the keys today for our long term let in Mawson Lakes. Things have been a tad stressful with trying to organise things with having 3 kids (10, 9 & 4) but we're loving it. I start work on Monday x

Guest dondon75

Hi we, me husband and son, arrived adelaide on 10 may. We are now in our long term rental in Seaford rise. Our stuff arrives tomorrow! Would love to build up a network of friends and meet up.

Guest Watkinsfamily

We are starting to pack up and finalise arrangements. Cat goes 4th July, along with household goods, we fly 10th July 2 weeks rental in Moana and then try to find a property in that area for long term rental. Bought a car via email from a Holden dealer so if all else fails we can sleep in it :) Looking forward to meeting some friends for us and my boys - 2 1/2 years and 4 months. Just jobs to sort then! Good luck everyone, hope to meet you soon. X

WE are so looking forward to leaving now, 2 weeks on Thursday for us (11th). Getting married this Friday coming so lots going on here.

I have a couple of courses booked for when I arrive which should hopefully allow me to start looking for jobs quite quickly.

Looking forward to meeting people. x

Guest dondon75
Hi

We arrived on 7th June. We're staying in a holiday rental in Christies Beach at the moment but got the keys today for our long term let in Mawson Lakes. Things have been a tad stressful with trying to organise things with having 3 kids (10, 9 & 4) but we're loving it. I start work on Monday x

Hi, welcome to adelaide, we moved out of a short term rental christies beach on 7 June, may be same place! We are now in a long term rental in Seaford rise. My husband is luckily working. I need to start looking for extra spending money, but currently at home with a 2 half year old. We would love to have a network if friends, maybe we could meet up? Pm me if interested

Guest dondon75
We are starting to pack up and finalise arrangements. Cat goes 4th July, along with household goods, we fly 10th July 2 weeks rental in Moana and then try to find a property in that area for long term rental. Bought a car via email from a Holden dealer so if all else fails we can sleep in it :) Looking forward to meeting some friends for us and my boys - 2 1/2 years and 4 months. Just jobs to sort then! Good luck everyone, hope to meet you soon. X[/quote

we arrived 10 may, moved into our long term rental 7 June in Seaford rise. Networking and happy to meet up pm me if interested. Husband working I am at home with 2 half year old son but will be looking for work! Jane

Guest shellbell1979

I think it was the same place. I seen your comment in the book. I have a job, which I am meant to start tomorrow, but my husband doesn't. He's waiting to get the kids settled at school etc first. Our furniture should arrive in a few weeks, can't wait for that xx

Hi,

We moved over with 3 young children (1,3 and 7) on Friday and we are living in Port Noarlunga, have you moved over yet? Whereabouts are you? Would be interested in meeting as i'm sure my 3 year old son would be (as he has 2 sisters!!)

ok so the container has gone and the countdown is upon us, never thought this time would come but it has! We're finally moving over in June :unsure::arghh::eek::biglaugh::smile:

Got nowhere to live, no jobs etc etc but hey, its all part of the process lol. We've got two boys aged 2 and 4 to keep us young as guess we left the breeding thing til late (39+46 yrs young we are).

So......anyone else heading over around the same time?

anyone want a few buddies so we don't all feel scared and lonely in our new life?

thought it would be good to maybe get in touch now so we can have some folk in the same position where we can have coffee, wine and whinging til we find our feet :smile:

​we're also aiming to live in the South in and around the Woodcroft, Flagstaff Hill, Hallett Cove area to give you a rough idea of where we might be (could end up on the moon for all we know!)