Keith & Linda

Whales, Seals and Dolphins

Port Elliot 4.00pm Sunday 30th June, just some 20m off the shore we had a Whale lolling around in the water for almost an hour, with seals and dolphins joining in too! so close you could clearly hear him/her blowing. earlier in the day there were several other whales about too but further away.

Made a good day out even better.

Guest Guest12727

Damn, we had thought of going down for the day and in the end didn't. We missed a real treat.

Well the whales were a little shy at Port Elliot yesterday, only a couple in the distance, the seals were enjoying themselves though. But what a fantastic drive down there, after a quick detour through Wilunga, we then went on the Goolwa road after Mount Compass, then down the road to Middleton, what great scenery, rolling green tree studded hills and then a great view over the ocean. Really is a great place this Adelaide and its environs, it surely cannot be knocked, it may not be the British Isles, and should not be compared either, but it can still be enjoyed for all its own merrits. its all there folks, something is waiting for YOU to adapt, discover and enjoy, because it sure is not coming to you!!

After another beautiful drive along the roads from Mount Compass towards Goolwa then down to Middleton then on to Port Elliot on Saturday' we were delighted by 9 whales, 3 pairs and a pod of 3, with one of the whales showing off doing 7-8 breaches in a row though about 300m off shore one did get close enough to hear him blow and groan. there were also 6-7 dolphins and a couple of seals:smile:. Tried to get fish and chips at the 'flying fish' but the fish they were not a frying, more like flying the coop!:sad:at 3.35pm :shocked:

I went to Middleton for a night a couple of weekends ago, and totally forgot to look for whales (it's too windy there for me to want to go to the beach for any other reason). When I got home someone in Facebook was saying there had been some there that morning. Doh.

Great place Port Elliot think its one of my favourites,well worth a run out

It's not like you have to plan for a day out either, we did not leave North Adelaide until just after 1.00pm, just a shame that we could not get fish and chips to eat whilst we walkes along the beach.