Catch of the Day

Ktee

Guest vikkiann

I used to use catch of the day loads but not so much now. Grocery run though, I order from every couple of weeks, it's great for filling your pantry and kids lunchbox treats

We've bought a few bits and pieces from Grocery run and catch of the day, and we think they really good for delivery. I know this sounds like teaching people to suck eggs but just make sure it is a good deal, some items they advertise a RRP, I have never seen it for sale at that price, so you don't always make the savings you think.

Others though seem to offer deals that they do not have the stock of, we ordered a steam mop last year, delivery quoted was 8 weeks, after multiple e-mails to the manufacturer and seller finally got the item after 14 weeks, they quoted unexpected demand as the reason for the delay, but on the website they sold approx 50 items and I was number 6 in the queue. I reckon people from number 40 onwards may still be waiting.

Guest vikkiann

Grocery run is usually $11 so you need to make it worth your while. The biggest bargain they have is 90 finish dishwasher tablets for $14.50! I always buy them

How much is delivery that's the bit I can never find?

Like Vikkiann says usually $11 but if you download the app to your ipad/phone after your first order they usually give you a free delivery voucher or half price delivery, the problem is it has to be used pretty quick and mine have usually expired.

I usually always check the price on Woolies online to see if it is indeed a bargain. I know at the minute all I can tolerate fluid wise is the vitamin waters, they are usually $3.50 each but on Grocery Run they were 2 for $3.

Something to watch out for is the expiry dates as some of their items have a short expiry.

Rexona deodorants are usually 2 x for $6.50

Todays special is on chocolate 50 full size flakes for $39.95

Do Grocery Run offer a preferred delivery time? I have just been viewing their website but my computer appears to be throwing a wobbly and I can't access any information :arghh:

Unfortunately not and don't be in a rush to receive anything. I always have said give them 3 weeks and if you get it before it's a bonus