Gas/Electric bill this quarter

Guest Paula H

We are a family of four with 3 at work all day & 1 at school, we also live in a 2 storey house & have an 11m pool. Our supplier is AGL for both gas & electric and we are on 14% discount.

This quaters electric bill $1768.80

This quarters gas bill $844.65

This quaters bills are horrendous & electric especially has increased dramatically since this time last year

We are a family of four with 3 at work all day & 1 at school, we also live in a 2 storey house & have an 11m pool. Our supplier is AGL for both gas & electric and we are on 14% discount.

This quaters bills are horrendous & electric especially has increased dramatically since this time last year

Ouch! We are AGL with a 10% discount and 1/4 of that price. I'd be double checking if I were you..... might be worth checking your appliances etc to see what is burning up so much energy!

Gee, i cannot believe some of these bills. My Brisbane electric bills are about $475,and I thought that was bad, we run a pool, aircon for heat and cool, and electric kettle, we do have solar hot water which we also have to use the immersion on some days. we get an 11% discount (1% for direct debit 10% for saying we were going to go with someone else) we cook on bottled gas at approx $30 per qtr.

Mass migration to Qld I think!!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

:shocked: :shocked::shocked:

OMG!!! I think thats the highest I have heard. Must be connected to the pool equipment surely?

I have to say I think ours would be much higher if we put the heating on more. Instead I am sitting here with two jumpers and a blanket to keep warm :- (

Guest BurgessFamily
John gets solar panels put on his roof

Gets $500 credit instead of a bill.

He already earns a good wage.

John is happy that solar will save him money to

buy that new boat. (fair enough).

Mary rents, she can not afford a house.

Mary's landlord has no interest in getting solar panels for her small apartment.

After all no benefit to him/her the landlord.

Mary gets a bill for $500. Even though she is on low wages

Mary cannot afford to take the kids out for the weekend.

The more Johns there are ..... the more credit will need to be paid to them.

Mean while the power company still needs to employ workers, maintain the grid and pay shareholders. (GGG is not going to that)

The more Mary will have to pay on her bill. It will get worse for Mary .... not better.

Peter the director CEO of power company reports to his shareholders

all expecting a dividend and increase in their investment.

This really is quite a stupid system and is going to lead to trouble down the road.

For John and Mary. Because inequality in society of this sort will come

back to bite everyone on the backside, big time.

I think I might leave this state as soon as I can.

You forgot to mention that the subsidy paid towards installing solar panels ($2000>$3500) now comes from the power companies... i.e. those who pay for power - so Mary better have deep pockets. :P