kevinr

Maritime insurance

Hi

my wife and I have arranged a container to ship our furniture out to Adelaide from uk at the beginning of September however we have been asked do we want to take out the shippers maritime insurance. So is this worth it and is it better and cheaper to take out the instance with an independent rather than the shippers ??

I've been told to take out independent insurance not the shipping company own. Lots of people do this from my reading.

IYM (Insure Your Move) or Letton Percival are the ones most people use/recommened when using an independent.

Guest Adelaide_bound

SOoooooooo much cheaper to do it independantly than with your removers.

We used LP and they have been brill, very professional at all times. We had to do quite a large claim unfortunately, and they couldn't have been more helpful with it all, I was really worried about claiming as I had that British 'talking about money' distaste thing, but it really has been so simple - which is the most important thing really at the end of the day.

Hi, would definitely recommend Letton Perceivel. Their quote was a lot cheaper and when we unfortunately had to make a claim they were very efficient and professional in dealing with our claim without any hassle whatsoever, settling quickly. You will pay a lot more through a shipping company but for peace of mind I'd go with LP every time. Good luck with your adventure, this is the stuff that makes it feel its real and realising your dreams are not far away.