Which ~Electricity company to use AGL or other ??

kadina

we always AGL when I last lived here before and had no problems but from looking at the facebook page there seems to be a lot of unhappy customers and I read something about an overseas customer service centre which is never good, also they have so many options for tariffs its just ridiculous it was never that complicated, does anyone recommend a good company for electricity at all please? also we have no gas at our property we heard somewhere they do free gas connection can anyone help with companies that do this ?? I know AGL do gas but do they connect for FREE? any help would be much appreciated, many thanks

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks (see below )

we always AGL when I last lived here before and had no problems but from looking at the facebook page there seems to be a lot of unhappy customers and I read something about an overseas customer service centre which is never good, also they have so many options for tariffs its just ridiculous it was never that complicated, does anyone recommend a good company for electricity at all please? also we have no gas at our property we heard somewhere they do free gas connection can anyone help with companies that do this ?? I know AGL do gas but do they connect for FREE? any help would be much appreciated, many thanks

• 2 months later...

We were with AGL for a long time.

Changed to Origin for electricity and gas over a year ago as the combined discount offered was 16%.

If you contact a supplier for a price / discount it pays to play them off...tell company b that company a will give you a 12% discount for example....if they want you as a customer they will beat it.

Shop around to get the best deal. There are web sites like moneyhound that are also useful for comparing all sorts of prices.

tamara

Stay away from Energy Australia , they were brilliant when they were Tru Energy - but since amalgamating they've gone downhill quickly and I cant wait to get out, the only problem is - who to go with as they all seem to have good and bad points. They changed our gas meter last November and since then the gas bill is much higher than the Electricity bill - too much of a coincidence I think!!

Jenny