Schools

Guest wellyg1967

Guest wellyg1967

Hi everyone

We are looking into schools for my 14 year old son and wondered if there's is anyone with any knowledge of Adelaide High School and any other good schools for teens finishing off their education in the State? We are in the queue at DIAC and awaiting a decision so early days yet. However, need some advice now on schools to support our case for immigration. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

WG

Glenunga International High is as good as Adelaide High. Unley High, Brighton High , Marryatville High, Henley High all have good reputations. Unless you can get i under special entry you would have to live within the zone for them to take your child. Adelaide High is bursting at the seams and has dispensation not to have to take incoming children except in year 8.

Guest wellyg1967
Glenunga International High is as good as Adelaide High. Unley High, Brighton High , Marryatville High, Henley High all have good reputations. Unless you can get i under special entry you would have to live within the zone for them to take your child. Adelaide High is bursting at the seams and has dispensation not to have to take incoming children except in year 8.

Thank you so much I'll try to find out more about the other schools you mention and their areas. The only area we've looked into is Henley Beach, which sounds like a nice place - sure the others are too but so many to look at and trying t0 narrow things down. So grateful for your post. Kind regards WG

Guest wellyg1967

Thank you so much - one other reply says the same thing so best we look around at other schools. Henley has been pointed out as another good school, so will take a look. Thanks again. WG

Norwood Morialta is also considered to be a good school, certainly up there with Brighton. When we came over we asked my brother in law about schools (he lives in Henley Beach) and he came back with Adelaide High, Glenunga and Marryatville being the top three, with Norwood Morialta and Brighton close behind.

They don't actually do league tables here in Australia but my OH put this list together before we moved over by taking all the year 9 Naplan results for each school we were considering from the myschool.edu.au website and putting them in a table. He couldn't find any information on year 12 results so couldn't put information together on those. I know a school is about more than just results, but in terms of year 9 Naplan results the schools that got the best results in 2011, in order were:

Glenunga

Marryatville

Adelaide High

Norwood Morialta

Brighton

Seaton

Banksia Park

Blackwood

Henley High

He didn't look at all schools in the Adelaide area - just the ones we were interested in and a few random others for comparison and Unley high wasn't on the list.

Edited by NicF