Hi from NZ

Guest EMTGeorge

Guest EMTGeorge

Hi all

we are a family from the UK who moved to New Zealand 10 years ago and might now be looking at Adelaide for another move. Not sure yet and would be in a couple of years time. Had enough of NZ now and fancy a change so we are looking at Adelaide as a potential option as it seems to be a bit less extreme weather wise. Any pro's and Con's we should look out for. I should add we will be NZ citizens but will apply for PR prior to arriving so the girls get access to education etc. anyway hallo from me!

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Whereabouts in NZ are you? Have you visited Adelaide or Aus before?

Personally I like Adelaide, climate so far has been what I expected. The hottest part of the day tends to be spent in shade where possible but if we are out in it for any reason we sunscreen, hat and all that.

What are you hoping from with Adelaide? Beaches, city living, activities, schooling? It has plenty to offer but it doesn't tick everyone's boxes.

Hi and a welcome from me too. I have a friend (who doesn't come on the site very often), who moved here with her family from NZ a few years ago so if you wanted to send her a PM (private message) she might be able to give you her perspective. You can contact her via her Member profile here http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=4811

Talking to someone who's done the same move might help give you an idea of the differences and similarities between the two places. She's a lovely lady, I'm sure she'll do her best to answer any questions

Hi, I have family who live in NZ, Tauranga and Dunedin. They often visit us here in Adelaide and say it's very much like NZ but gets hotter and the shopping here is better lol. Beaches etc from what I gather are much the same and they say that although food can be more expensive here. Drink. Clothing and accessories can be a lot cheaper

good luck with your plans

wendy