goldie

peronal belonging

Hi all

Could anyone advise me whether or not its worth taking my belonging like:-

Dryer, Washer, Fridge Freezer, Iron, Ironing Board, beds, Dinning Room Table and Chairs, Settees, Outback BBQ, Garden Furniture, Kids Trampoline and toys, Conservatory suite, TV's, DVD's, Laptops, Computers and bikes

Or is it just cheaper to buy them out there?

Would really appreciate any advise.

Thank you to anyone who replies in advance.

It's personal choice. If it's decent condition, why not.

Depending on quality you may not get the same in Aus. Check some Aus furniture and electricals websites to compare prices.

We didn't bring anything over and I kinda wish I had. White goods especially are expensive here. The quality has come up, but was terrible 6 years ago when I got here.

I also struggled to start with on knowing where to go to buy stuff. That is a stress it would have been nice not to have.

It will generally cost less to ship than to replace it all, but you need to factor in the delay in getting your goods delivered.

It is surprising how it all adds up.

We only shipped part of our stuff this time as it needed replacing anyway, now frantically trying to get beds delivered in time to move into our unfurnished let. Restricted on choice as many items are not stock so take a few weeks to arrive!

Also, and I am not really the sentimental type but in a different country in an unfurnished let, it is comforting to have your own things around you. It helps it feel like home.

I will never truly feel settled until I am in my own house, but at least whilst letting I know I will feel more settled with my familiar things around me.