mac

Opening a bank account

Hi all. My family and I will be moving to Adelaide in January 2015 and after a bit of advice. Is it better to open a bank account before you arrive in Australia? And which are the best banks to use? Many thanks in anticipation. Mark & Natalie:smile:

Most, if not all of the main ones offer an open online before you leave the UK.

We went with Commonwealth and had no problems.

Hi all. My family and I will be moving to Adelaide in January 2015 and after a bit of advice. Is it better to open a bank account before you arrive in Australia? And which are the best banks to use? Many thanks in anticipation. Mark & Natalie:smile:

Hi guys

we opened our bank account before we came out , you can pay money in but not take it out until in Australia ,

we bank with NAB, it was easy to arrange and we just called into the branch and picked our cards up,

just one of the things made easier on the 'to do list '

Hi

we opened ours from the uk with commonwealth very easy and very helpful. They even set you up online do you can manage your money n transfers. It also helps to have ut set up as counts towards your 100 PTA for when your looking at renting or buying a house.