Looking for a kind and charitable butcher-very worthy cause

sduffy

Hi Guys,wander if anyone can help.

I am a volunteer and committee member with an animal rescue,charity here in Adelaide which rehomes and takes care of abandoned dogs.This year has seen a massive increase of dogs and the vet bill is escalating daily.

We are desparately trying to raise additional funding and we are hoping to have a number of BBQs throughout the year.I am wandering if there is anyone on the forum who is or knows of a butcher who may be willing to sponsor the events by supplying sausages and burgers to help us raise funds.The charity would happily display sponsorship details at the event and on the Charity website page.

This is a really worthwhile cause and your donation would really be put to good use and save lives and or pay for vital surgeries.

Thanks to the admin at PIA who have kindly allowed me to make this request.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Sue

[quote=sduffy;292847

We are desparately trying to raise additional funding and we are hoping to have a number of BBQs throughout the year.I am wandering if there is anyone on the forum who is or knows of a butcher who may be willing to sponsor the events by supplying sausages and burgers to help us raise funds.The charity would happily display sponsorship details at the event and on the Charity website page.

Hi Sue,

Fingers crossed that a butcher might come forwards :wubclub:

A few things, most of which I am sure you have already considered, but anyway...

If you want to hold s sausage sizzle outside Woolies, Bunnings etc, it might be a good idea to contact them as soon as because some organisations book all the best (Saturday!) slots up to a year ahead.

Our local Woolies insist that the snags are bought from their store, so that might be worth checking out.

Our local fruiterers support by donating vast supplies of onions.

Have you tried aligning your charity with a company which is somehow related? For example, Bucket o' Beef support SA Dog Rescue, Hills support the RSPCA and there are many local vets that offer reduced rates / support to their chosen animal charity.

Does your animal charity have a Unique Selling Point so you can better 'sell' them?

Just a couple of thoughts. I realise they might be obvious! Sorry I can't offer more tangible help.

Good luck - and if nothing else, this post will act as a bump lol!

:wubclub: LC

No replies as yet,are there any corporate sponsors out there who might be able to fund the purchase of sausages etc as an alternative to a butcher.There really are some very needy dogs out there who face a bleak future without charities like the one i volunteer for .

any help much appreciated.

Sue

Our local Bunnings etc have a rota for their selected organisations. Yes we know a long time in advance when we have slots, we haven't booked them as such,they allocate dates for us.

That's so much more sensible!

My friend was ropable when she was told our local Woolies had been booked up so far in advance :(

So many good causes out there, unfortunately.