any older Mums (or ladies in general) in the South up for coffee/wine??

Guest Stayinput

I'd like to meet but don't arrive til Monday and don't think I will have transport for a while so may need to miss fist one depending on where it is and when. At the moment all I I is is I will be staying in flagstaff hill and don't know how far or what transport links are like to the mentioned areas!

Up for meeting up another time though. :-)

Guest Kerry R

Hello ladies

Well there seems to be some interest in meeting up so I'll take the bull by the horns and suggest a location and date.

How about Sunday 3 August (afternoon) for a coffee at Boatshed Cafe in Hallett Cove (down by the beach). Hopefully other halves can look after kids but if not hopefully it is a nice day and then we can always catch up in the park down by the cafe.

PM if you are up for meeting - would be good to meet some new people. I am a teacher so work all ten hours making it sometimes difficult. Also always on the look out for friends with boys around the age of my son(10) as most people we seem to meet have girls or younger kids.

looking forward to some messages from those interested.

cheers,

Kerry

Hi Kerry (and everyone),

I'd love to be involved in this. Our family have been here almost 6 weeks and we're feeling a tad isolated and keen to make new friends but Aussies and Expats. I'm 39 and we have a 3 year old. We're in Norwood so not close to you lot ;) but I'm wondering if there is a train I can hop on from the city to join you all as I'd love to meet everyone.

Paula

Guest Kerry R

Hi Paula

good to hear from you.

Yes you can get a train to Hallett cove Beach station. The cafe is a 5-10 minute walk from there.

hope that helps.

Kerry

Hi Kerry (and everyone),

I'd love to be involved in this. Our family have been here almost 6 weeks and we're feeling a tad isolated and keen to make new friends but Aussies and Expats. I'm 39 and we have a 3 year old. We're in Norwood so not close to you lot ;) but I'm wondering if there is a train I can hop on from the city to join you all as I'd love to meet everyone.

Paula

Guest gails

Hi, obviously I am too late for this meet up but would definitely be interested if there us another one. I am 47 and have two boys, 9 & 6. We have been over here 3 1/2 years and live in Seaford Meadows. I enjoy getting out for a coffee or a wine, and enjoy the cinema and meals out (and the occasional bit of dancing :-)). I work three days a week, usually Tues-Thurs.

Looking to make some new friends as still finding it a bit tough even after all this time! :-)

Guest Maddenfamily

Hi, I would be interested in meeting up for coffee or wine. I am a 40 year old mum of an eight year old and I live in Sheidow Park. would like to meet some new friends xx

Hello ladies. Can I pick up on this thread?! I live in Grange and we arrived in January, I am 45 and my boys are 12 and 16. I love the city and also the cafe culture near us. Would love to find some friends interested in... shopping, film, theatre and of course wine and food! I used to belong to a book group in the UK so that would also be a real bonus.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest LittleMissWildChild

Hi ladies,

We'd like to make some friends down south. We're in Aldinga Beach, I'm 36 and hubby is 37, we've been here a year and a half, and we have a 2.5 year old. We'd love to meet other parents around our age, with little kids, especially people locally round Aldinga/Seaford/Sellicks, for play dates, coffees, drinks, bbqs etc etc. Anyone keen?

Guest Watkinsfamily

Hi, we are also in Aldinga Beach I am 37, husband is 47. We have a 20 month old and a 4 year old been here just over a year happy to meet for coffee / play date etc. PM me if you manage to sort something or just want to meet up thanks x