Read any good books lately?

Diane

"The Circle" by Dave Eggers.

It's a thought-provoking dystopian novel looking at the way the internet, Facebook, tweeting, etc and whatever, can be amazingly helpful, but have a potentially darker use. I found it interesting if a bit predictable towards the end.

I think most of us are a bit suspicious of any monitoring of what we access via the internet, and this book is quite timely - particularly perhaps, with the government's proposed data retention and metadata laws.

:smile: LC

Just wanted to thank you for this suggestion - I have recently joined a Book Group and on your recommendation I suggested this as a book to read, and it's been chosen as our first one. Just started it and am looking forward to discussing it with the group over a glass of wine at our October meeting :wubclub:

I'm 42% through it so far - not sure if I'd say I'm enjoying it totally, although it's very thought provoking and has a sort of remote sense of menace running through it (to me, anyway)... but don't worry about the naughty bits - I'm pretty sure it's an all-adult book club :wink:

I'm at the point where Mae's just been taken to task for not sharing more updates on goings on in her life, so have just updated my FB status, emailed my rellies with some pics, and hey, here I am responding to an online forum!!

.....(plus there were some naughty bits in it lol :wink:)..

As regards the naughty bits - I am totally unshockable now: I got a set of books for my Kindle - one of these "five books for 99c" deals - and have learnt soooo much! I was thinking when the write-up said the books were MMF they meant "Murder Mystery Fiction"...but apparently it means something very VERY different!!!