Guest Georgie

Arriving 14th October, staying until end of Decemeber, short-term required!

Guest Georgie

Hi all,

I'm arriving in Adelaide on 14th October, and staying until the end of December; I'm a 25 year old female, looking to share a house, ideally with people of a similar age. I've lived on my own for several years, so I know how to cook/clean, and am respectful of others.

Does anyone know of anywhere that I could stay, or have a house to rent? Ideally I'd be looking to pay a maximum of $180 per week, including bills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Georgie

Hi Georgie, I'd suggest looking on gumtree for houseshares, I found my first Adelaide home there. :D If not maybe look on air bnb - lots of people rent rooms on there and may be easier as you're here relatively short term.

Guest Georgie

Thank you.

I've looked on Gumtree and there's a lot of stuff, but unfortunately as I don't live in Australia, Gumtree can detect my IP address and won't let me reply to ads!

Look up realestate.com.au and look in the "share" section. If you type in South Australia in search section it comes up with a few. Some are student accommodation though.

Guest Guest75

You may find that a lot of property owners and landlords have now ramped up the agreements and bonds on a lot of these house sharing / sitting sites due a lot of issues either side.

I've had to kick out a bunch who booked for 4 and at least 12 were in the house!! Police called - the lot.

We've certainly "upped" our agreements as there are unfortunately people who will do wrong in one way or another/ on the flip side ensure you have some security and feel comfortable with the property owner.

Just have a scan on the net for the horror stories....

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/05/08/10-incredible-airbnb-horror-stories/