tinkertailerdog

Hydronic Heating

What sort of system is this? not sure I know what it is.

Hydronic heating is basically using hot water to heat your house, either via radiators or an underfloor system. The central heating you get in the UK is a hydronic system. Over here hydronic systems tend to be underfloor and can laid in the concrete slab when building a house. It's not common but is becoming more popular, especially in luxury homes. We considered installing a hydronic underfloor heating system when we built our house but decided against it as we felt it wasn't responsive enough for us and we would prefer the gas fire option.

OP - I can't recommend anywhere but if you google hydronic heating systems there are quite a few places around Adelaide that do them (usually underfloor though). You could then try googling for reviews of the companies that come up.

Can anyone recommend someone to supply and install a new system?

I had also never heard of it. Hydroponics is pretty big over here though!

Guest ian plumber

Hydronics is another word for central heating that covers underfloor and radiator heating. I have a radiator system in my house run from a wood stove (no mains gas). If you PM me i can put you in contact with the people who installed it.