Coffee Shops!

NicF

Google it up I think you can get an explanation, but it's not to about a human mother, more nature I think. It does get rave reviews for food but we only had the coffee. Go-on be brave and try it!

Oh, K&L, I'm sure it's all lovely and natural and stuff, but for me it's what the name implies. I just can't get past that when it comes to public hostelries/cafes/restaurants et al. I'm all for mother's milk when it comes to newborns; it's nature's way and a wonderful start to life for newborns. My own two bubs started out on life that way, I'm happy to say. No, it's just me. I guess we've all got the odd foible in one way or another, and this one's mine, although I'm not on my own with this one, I know. Like I say, I realise I'm probably missing out on some nice treats, but - there you go... Each to his own. I love lots of things in life, but this restaurant name thing is not one of them, I suppose. No offence meant to anyone who might be offended. xo

Although I'm sure you're right about the coffee shop you mentioned, but I'm a bit put off by the name 'A Mother's Milk' - well, a lot put off if I'm honest - as having a vivid imagination tends to conjure up ...no, won't go there...

I'm the same with pubs/restaurants with names like 'Slug and Lettuce' and 'Hog's Breath' etc.; If I was fancying a nice salad lunch, for instance, I'd never visit a restaurant with the word 'slug' in its name.

It's a shame because I'm probably missing out on some nice treats because of my name phobia. Oh well, it takes all sorts, I suppose. lol!

Funny that you should mention names.

I was in Perth and I noticed that a really busy pub (it was packed!) in the CBD (by the ferry terminal) was called "The Lucky Shag"

I had to take a picture :smile:

IMG_1867.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

We've just had visitors leave and we tried heaps of new coffee places with them but my favourites were the bakery at Yankallila, Java Hut in Gawler and the Vili's Cafe just off South Road. The bakery had a non-stop stream of customers and the menu at Java Hut was excellent and really reasonably priced - we had lunch for 7 (including all-day breakfasts, full-on hot dogs etc) and drinks for just over $80.

Bit of a hipster vibe but Pure in Glenelg does awesome coffee and a great range of alcoholic coffees for post dinner too (their Devils Chai is amazing), we sometimes get takeaway to watch the sunset with as they are right near the beach.

speaking of which (...if you can bear to fore go the cake with your coffee) -curiously, The Wheatie (George St, Thebarton) do one of the best (and cheapest) coffees around

JB