University

soccer65

HI x its a long shot really but thought i would ask if any of you have kids that have gone to university in particular primary school teaching - my daughter has thankfully said she would come with us she is currently studying for A levels and will have accumulated enough UCAS points (its a UK thing I think ???? ) to get to university in this country. We are just starting to look into this for her but i thought i would pick your brains first, as some of you can explain things a little more clearer than a website... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve & Lisa :smile:

I've moved your thread out of the Rentals Available section as it doesn't really fit in there.

I don't have kids that have gone through Uni here yet so I'm not really familiar with the application process but I do know that if you contact the admissions team at the Uni they should be able to provide advice and guidance about what your daughter would need to be accepted on a course. You should probably be aware though that as a permenant resident although you will be eligible for domestic fees you will not have access to the student loans system here and fees will need to be paid in full upfront, although I'm not sure if you pay per semester or for the full year.

Also I know the other way round (if an aussie child wants to go to Uni in the UK) they are treated as international students if they haven't lived in the country for three years before admission...not sure if it is the same here but worth checking as international fees are WAY higher than those charged to 'locals'!

Also I know the other way round (if an aussie child wants to go to Uni in the UK) they are treated as international students if they haven't lived in the country for three years before admission...not sure if it is the same here but worth checking as international fees are WAY higher than those charged to 'locals'!

We were temporary residents when our daughter started university in 2008, we became permanent residents in 2010 but for those 2 years we had to pay international fees of $22,000 as our daughter studied law. Basically you pay 2/3rds more as an international student hope this helps.