Just arrived

goldie

Hi

we have just arrived in port noarlunga, we have a girl age 15 years old and is not happy at all and a little boy age 7 years old so just wondering if anyone is meeting up and would invite us along which hopefully will help our daughter to settle in

I arrived here with a 16 year old daughter. It was so bad that she would only come with us if we bought her a return ticket! Any mention of Australia in the lead up to the move resulted in a meltdown!

She met a few friends at school and later on doing a TAFE course. She also met some friends at Macca's (Mc Donalds) where she worked to earn a few dollars.

The KFC in Seaford is looking for casual staff. I know that she's only 15 and moving across the world to start work is probably not her idea of fun...but...all the fast food places are staffed by teenagers. When we were in there this evening there were 3 young teenage girls working there. Opportunity to meet some people and to earn a few bob!

As well as KFC Seaford you could look just up the road as there's a KFC in Beach Road Christies.

The Colonnades centre is just up the road. I know that K Mart are looking for people but there are loads of shops up there that are taking on casuals for the busy Christmas period. School and work is where you meet most people!

All the best.

Hi

we have just arrived in port noarlunga, we have a girl age 15 years old and is not happy at all and a little boy age 7 years old so just wondering if anyone is meeting up and would invite us along which hopefully will help our daughter to settle in

I know it's not the same, but when I was 14 I moved from germany to france and hated that my parents made this decision (during the summer holidays so I didn't get to say goodbye to classmates or prepare or anything). For about a month I was miserable until I started to be able to speak the language and make new great friends at school and then it became the best thing that happened to me.. It might seem tough now, but if you let he know that it's normal for it to be hard in the beginning then I'm sure she'll be fine!

If there's any afterschool clubs or anything along those lines I would try to get her involved in as much as possible so that she meets people and has less time to think about how miserable she is