jarnasa

short term rental needed

Hey guys, I have a tenant needing a place from 21st November to 28th. I had them booked in to one of my places but the current tenant has nowhere to go so is refusing to leave which has put me in quite the pickle.

Can anyone assist with this or have any ideas or can point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Donna

Hi Donna,

Sorry to hear about this issue.

I only have from the 23rd to the 27th at a 2 person unit.

I heard of another rental owner (not me thankfully!)who had an issue with one of their holiday stays. Apparently they took a booking for 4 person but 10 people arrived. They contacted the local police and evicted them on the same day. Terrible conflict situation but they were in contravention of their contract.

What advice do they have at the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs?

Get them to have a look on airBnB. They might not be able to get the exact area they want but there would probably be something around. When we had a problem with our house and had to get emergency accomodation we managed to get something for the same day. In fact we found two properties on the same day as one of them turned out not to be suitable when we got to it. We did have a budget of around $250 a night though which might have helped.

Go round when the current occupants are out and change the locks? Sorry to hear this Donna, hope you get it sorted xx

HI Tamara,

Would you place suit a mother, her son and 2 year old grandchild? Can i give them your contact number?

Cheers,

Donna

HI Tamara,

Would you place suit a mother, her son and 2 year old grandchild? Can i give them your contact number?

Cheers,

Donna

Hi Donna,

It's just a one bedroomed unit...sorry. It's ideal for a single person or a couple but the units are not really for children...the other properties have the garden and pool but the small entertainment area wasn't planned for children...

Thanks so much for thinking of me.

If I hear of anywhere (and I do occasionally get enquiries for the north of the city) I will let you know.

Have you tried Kris or others?