Changing Visas

Bal67

Yes Blossom if you think you can't make the requirements to fulfill a 489 visa can you switch to a 457 I think it is Employer sponsored visa?? We are on a 489 and we can start the 887 procedure as of April 2016, but we have friends who have come over but don't think they now have enough time to do the live here for 2 years!!!!

if you think you can't make the requirements to fulfill a 489 visa can you switch to a 457

A 457 visa could be applied for, but from what has been posted, it seems possible that a better strategy could be available. May I suggest that you contact a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies?

• 5 months later...

Hi Bal

It's been a long time, I was wondering if you can help me. As you know we never made it over to oz things just didn't work out for us.

But we would still love to go but we're a bit short on time on our visa so i was wondering if your friend was able to extend their visa?

As we have to wait till we get our oldest off to uni before we can make the move. Any information would greatly appreciated.

All the best Niall