Wanted - New Social Secretary For Pia

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Dear ladies

I wondered if someone else would like to have the task of running some of the ladies' days out.

I have done two now and the last one in particular was incredibly stressful, due to people dropping out and not actually telling me until the last minute so figures and discounts arranged based on the numbers of people who said they were coming turned into a a tiny bit of stress when they dropped out.

Therefore Saturday was the last trip I plan. I am keen to participate in these trips and support whoever decides to take it on.

Libby

Guest Nick11
Dear ladies

I wondered if someone else would like to have the task of running some of the ladies' days out.

I have done two now and the last one in particular was incredibly stressful, due to people dropping out and not actually telling me until the last minute so figures and discounts arranged based on the numbers of people who said they were coming turned into a a tiny bit of stress when they dropped out.

Therefore Saturday was the last trip I plan. I am keen to participate in these trips and support whoever decides to take it on.

Libby

Hi Libby

Just wanted to say how much I appreciated all your efforts on Saturday.

Quite understand why you don't want to do it and hope you're feeling better

Nick

xxx

Guest donna T

Don't blame you Lib.

Liz arranged the first one to MacLaren Vale and that looked stressfull enough,although I think that the Barossa was worse :notworthy:

I am happy to go on aranging the free for all drinking and boogying nights but am not game enough to take on any that invovle money up front :arghh:

I hope someone can take the mantle

Hope you feel less stressed now in time for your birthday

Lots of love

Donna xxxx

Guest Roo1

Yes, I agree. Libby you have done an awesome job with the last 2 trips and I can understand how stressful it must have been for you, especially now you are working full time too.

Thank you to yourself, Liz and Donna for the social get togethers.

Judi x

Guest Guzzler&Sas

He's not funny at all Libby really!

If I was not working full time, I would step up and do it, but don't gt on here too much during the week either, so won't really be much use.

Come on girls - I thought that one of you would volunteer - Judi, Jac, Angela, Liz, Donna, Suzer or Nichola - why not simply just do one each, rather than having the whole large task of doing the whole thing?

It would simply be good to just get a date in the diary with an event TBC !!!!

If no-one does it, then the events won't happen will they? and I for one, believe they are a good lifeline for getting to know people.

Anyway, had my 2penth worth!

Thanks for a great day out Libby ....

Cheers

Sas

Guest Libby1971

I think they are valuable too.

Got a date? Well how about late July, early Aug? Either 26th July or 2nd August?

You choose, we'll go to McLaren Vale?

That's it, I have made a contribution! I'm off!!!!!

Libby

Guest caz and wayne

Hi there

The trips sound like loads of fun and a great way to meet new people. We arrive on 4th July and hopefully will be able to join in once we're settled. In terms of helping to organise the events, that will probably depend on how stressful the job is and how long the days are! I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Carolyn

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hmmmm - thought there might have been more responses .... never mind.

Now then, step up the new organiser of the next event - my husband! Teeheee. Keith has offered to have a look into a few things and I can kind of organise it. So let's leave it with him and see what he comes up with. I have told him cheap, cheap, cheap and let's see what he has in mind - might be very interesting!

Catch up later

Regs

Sas

xxxx

Hi Libby,

It's great so far what you have done for the members of PIA, I unfortunately have not had the pleasure in accompanying you lovely people on these days out and very much doubt that I will be able to in the near future either (at least until the kids soccer season has finished!) and no doubt they will take up another sport to see them through till it starts back up again!

So good luck in finding someone to take over all the hard work you have already put in x

Guest katsmajic

Thanks for organising the trip Libby, it was a great day out and im sure everyone really appreciated the time and effort you had put in...i did :)

I know im not working yet but i havnt quite found my feet enough to consider taking on that role, but im sure Keith will do a fab job - with Sas at the helm of course :biglaugh:

and i will do my upmost to support the events.

Newbies - its a great way to meet people - i met up with everyone on this wine trip and had a fab time - names to faces etc and (i think anyway) that i've made some friends...:v_SPIN:

I amsame as Cornelia, saturdays are very busy in our house with dance, sport and work.

However did tentatively put together some ideas for a poss Mclaren Vale trip, but not sure whether I'd have the time...but here are my ideas.

Willunga Farmer's market (is open 8-1pm), load up esky with good stuff, then onto

a couple of wineries like Chapel Hill or Fox Hill/ Wirra Wirra

The Olive Grove in Mclaren Vale - you can get a tasting platter for $30 for 2-3 people and they have joined up with Lloyds winery. Something to interest those who may not be into wine, they have oils and lotions etc as well as olives.

Then ,but might make it too pricey continue down to Victor for a stroll round Granite Lump

or some other activity.

Anyway am happy to help, but at this time don't think I could organise the whole thing and not sure if I could even go on it.......:sad:

Rachel

Guest Guzzler&Sas

howdy ...

just in from work and the old boy has been busy making enquiries, so will get more info tonight and working to a budget of circa $60, has some interesting ideas. So watch out for a new thread later ladies, because I am keen to get a date in sorted soon, to give people time to clear diaries and save the money, so no excuses!

Will have tea, tuck little ones in bed and then look out!

He's not a bad lad Guzzler!

Cheers girls

Sas

xxx

The Olive Grove in Mclaren Vale - you can get a tasting platter for $30 for 2-3 people and they have joined up with Lloyds winery.

Rachel

Our favourite winery. The olives are the best in the world! Even has a few alpacas out the back.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
hmmmm - thought there might have been more responses .... never mind.

Now then, step up the new organiser of the next event - my husband! Teeheee. Keith has offered to have a look into a few things and I can kind of organise it. So let's leave it with him and see what he comes up with. I have told him cheap, cheap, cheap and let's see what he has in mind - might be very interesting!

Catch up later

Regs

Sas

xxxx

I will wait for this with interest................what will he come up with?????????? Not a ladies cleaning day or anything similar hopefully!:biglaugh:. (having seen Kieths wit on here a few times)

Seriously though, good on ya! I havent been on one of these days...YET!

sarah

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Looked into the ladies going swimming with Great White sharks but the company insisted against my protests that they had to use the safety cages:arghh::huh:;):biglaugh:

Guzzler

Guest Django
Hi,

Looked into the ladies going swimming with Great White sharks but the company insisted against my protests that they had to use the safety cages

I should hope so. Gotta protect the sharks :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest happy feet
Hi,

Looked into the ladies going swimming with Great White sharks but the company insisted against my protests that they had to use the safety cages:arghh::huh:;):biglaugh:

Guzzler

Like it Guzzler and Pete..

Only joking ladies, hope to be joining you early next year when i finally get through all this paperwork....